• Work with the QC manager to ensure meeting objectives.
• Monitor vendor performance in both schedule and quality, and report these results to the purchasing department.
• Review and update scopes of work in vendor contracts.
• Ensure projects are built on budget, on time and in accordance with the quality standards established by the company.
• Assist in the value engineering process if requested.
• Work with the safety manager to ensure safety objectives are met.
• Ensure all job-site activities comply with the company’s established safety policies and procedures as well as with OSHA requirements.
• Review exceptions to identify strategies for correcting recurring or preventable problems.
• Actively engage in ongoing and new client-relations activities.
• Develop and foster effective community relationships and serve as a strong ambassador for East TN market.
• Proven track record of successfully managing a complex portfolio of construction projects of $100M+ annual revenue.
• Strong insight into and experience with the E.TN construction market, including logistics, resources and weather conditions.
• Proven ability to lead multiple divisions of teams in different industry segments.
• Experience switching back and forth between hard (competitive) bid work and negotiated work, sometimes for the same client.
• Track record of managing multiple project teams ranging from hundreds of thousands in value to multi-year $40M+ projects.
• Experience leading a team of at least 3 direct project management reports and their related teams.
• Experience with a wide range of construction projects including vertical as well as infrastructure.
• Expertise in prioritizing between competing issues, project needs, business needs, organizational issues and client relations while making judgements using sound insight and wisdom.
• Strong record of successful win-win negotiations with clients, contractors and vendors.
• Expert knowledge of all aspects of construction activities including proposals, negotiating, bidding, estimating, contracting, scheduling, job-costing, construction management, bonds, insurance and government requirements.
• Strong computer skills and various programs with Project Manager and Scheduling tools.
• Able to effectively coach, mentor, develop and motivate others.
• Currently involved in a similar role and responsibilities
• Proactive problem-solver
• Team oriented with "Coaching" Approach
• Clear communicator with the ability to admit mistakes
• Servant leader who puts the team first
• Ability to get to the root of issues
• Ability to recommend and implement new practices while respecting existing structures
• Take charge with proactive leadership and fair resolution on any project issues beyond the manager’s capacity
• Effective delegator
• Good sense of humor
• Bachelor's degree in engineering, construction management or related field
• 10+ years of leadership experience in commercial & residential construction
• Highly analytical in terms of quantitative (math) and qualitative (trade quality assessment) skills
• Attention to detail and experience managing staff
Knoxville, TN. Relocation assistance provided.
Competitive compensation package will include a base and performance-driven bonus.