Sr. Accountant (Fixed Assets)
Find a career. Gain a family.
Safelite will be unlike any place you've ever worked. (This won't be just the daily grind!) You'll join caring and passionate teams that collaborate to make a difference, deliver extraordinary results and bring unexpected happiness. Every day. Your effort, heart and creative ideas will be valued and rewarded. And we care about your well-being. So, we'll strive to give you what you need to be happy at work and at home.
The Sr. Fixed Asset Accountant applies principals, theories, concepts, and practices to a wide variety of complex issues, while maintaining responsibility for all aspects of financial reporting/GL accounting. Mentors/guides Level I & II Accountants.
- Assist in the capital planning process for both future capital spending and the evaluation of past capital projects resulting in accurate monthly forecasts. Work closely with IT financial analyst to ensure accurate capital spending reporting.
- Maintain financial accuracy of $300+M in fixed assets in Oracle Fixed Asset system through proper capitalizations, transfers, additions, and disposals.
- Provide monthly reconciliations and roll forward schedule in an accurate and timely manner.
- Conduct/coordinate physical inventory audits of fixed assets.
- Responsible for deriving the company's capital and depreciation expense budget and forecast.
- Work closely with Oracle IT team to maximize the fixed asset module including importing pertinent depreciation data and testing system to ensure reporting and depreciation accuracy of company assets.
- Prepare and review interim and year-end audit schedules and follow-up on related inquiries.
- Adhere to fixed asset policies and procedures making recommendations that improve operating performance.
- Perform month end closing activities and reporting as directed.
- Automate and streamline accounting processes to enhance accuracy and timeliness of asset recording and capital spending reporting.
- Working closely with project managers to gain information on the status of projects conducting periodic meetings reporting on any overspending of projects.
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting; Public accounting experience and/or CPA designation a plus.
- CPA Certification required.
- Five to seven years of fixed asset accounting experience required. Proficiency with Oracle Fixed Asset Manager module required.
- Proficient use of Microsoft Office software programs such as Word, Outlook and Excel.