Job ID: 228753
Leads and directs compliance activities and resources.
- Oversees development and implementation of compliance measures corresponding to professional standards of conduct, as well as applicable federal, state and local laws. Oversees development and implementation of compliance measures taken to meet applicable regulatory and accreditation standards.
- Develops and administers long and short-term business strategies reflecting the divisional strategic plan.
- Approves promotions, demotions, hiring/terminations, and has direct authority for paying and status changes for associates or groups of associates within business unit.
- Implements cost savings procedures, while increasing product and service delivery within a business unit.
- Provides compliance advice and counsel to Health Ministry Senior Executives and Leadership.
- Provides compliance reports to the Health Ministry Finance Committee and attends Health Ministry Finance Committee meetings. Provides compliance reports to the Health Ministry Board as needed.
- Serves as the Health Ministry HIPAA Privacy Officer.
- Performs compliance investigations originating from internal or external sources, compiling supporting documentation, analyzing results and developing action plans to address potential areas of improvement. Assists in the coordination of responses to regulatory and law enforcement agencies regarding compliance matters.
- Bachelor of Science degree in accounting, healthcare administration, business or related field is required. A graduate degree in business or healthcare administration and certification as a CHC (Certified in Healthcare Compliance) is preferred.
- Compliance Director must have a minimum of ten (10) years of work experience in healthcare compliance, legal, internal audit or other related fields.
- 10 years of work experience