The Sr. Maintenance and Engineering Manager will provide strategic direction and technical support to plant operations by directing and implementing processes and continuous improvement initiatives that will ensure a high degree of reliability and optimum operating conditions. Responsible for overseeing capital projects and budgets for two plants.
INITIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works closely with plant management to ensure pro-active approaches for meeting efficiency standards and maintenance initiatives that will improve productivity while maximizing safety, quality, sanitation and regulatory compliance.
- Collaborates with corporate engineering staff in the development of project scope, process design, capital and expense estimates, contractor and vendor selection, equipment specifications and purchases, implementation timeline and coordination of execution plans.
- Identifies opportunities for operational efficiency through profit improvement programs, cost improvement programs, quality performance and other mechanisms for profitability.
- Manages capital and facility maintenance projects and resources through timely equipment installation, service and repair.
- Monitors capital projects and associated costs to ensure decisions are made and efficiently implemented.
- Responsible for recommending process improvements and developing a business case for improved operational effectiveness.
- Ensures contractors and vendors are following specified timelines and costs parameters established for assigned projects
- Directly or indirectly monitors the work of on-site contractors to ensure compliance with AWI work rules and regulations as well as applicable regulatory codes and standards.
- Oversees maintenance of the plant equipment, buildings, and other assets to protect assets and reduce equipment related downtime.
- Manages maintenance department, including organizing and prioritizing departmental goals and objectives.
- Develops, coordinates, executes and sustains preventive maintenance plans through use of the Computerized Maintenance Management System.
- Ensures maintenance team members are trained and developed to meet and support company needs
- Provide interactive and a hands-on approach to resolving day-to-day maintenance and service issues.
- Coordinates, identifies and supports ongoing employee development in order to enhance their leadership skills, performance and management potential.
- Performs other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering (Industrial, Mechanical or Electrical); advanced degreepreferred
- 10+ years maintenance engineering field in a manufacturing environment, preferably food manufacturing or consumer goods industry
- 5+ years Supervisory/Management experience
- Fixed Assets Maintenance responsibilities, including maintenance budget planning and control
- Advanced knowledge and understanding of the preventative maintenance process with thorough understanding of automation controls and industrial power distribution
- Ability and willingness to work on engineering and maintenance projects as part of a multidisciplinary team
- Proven leadership skills to influence, coach and mentor internally as well as the ability to develop relationships with external customers, including contractors and suppliers
- Solid analytical, problem solving, and technical troubleshooting skills
- Ability to handle multiple projects in a fast paced environment
- Ability to influence change and innovation in a team atmosphere with strong written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficient in making business decisions using facts and good judgment
- Knowledge of USDA and OSHA regulations, including GMPs, Sanitation, and HACCP principles and practices
- Knowledge of Boilers, Waste Water Treatment, Compressed Air Systems and Ammonia Refrigeration
- Advance computer proficiency is required (MS Office including Project)
- Advanced AutoCAD experience, along with the ability to read and interpret architectural drawings and plans