Dignity Health, one of the nation’s largest health care systems, is a 21-state network of 9,000 physicians, 59,000 employees, and more than 400 care centers, including hospitals, urgent and occupational care, imaging centers, home health, and primary care clinics. Headquartered in San Francisco, Dignity Health is dedicated to providing compassionate, high-quality, and affordable patient-centered care with special attention to the poor and underserved. In FY15, Dignity Health provided $1.7 billion in charitable care and services. For more information, please visit our website at www.dignityhealth.org. You can also follow us on Twitter and Facebook.
Provides evaluation, engineering/design and implementation services for new products, technologies and solutions to address corporate business requirements. Provides escalation support to Tier 1 and 2 engineers. Demonstrates creativity and takes initiative in problem solving. Resolves or facilitates resolution of complex problems for assigned program. Has a thorough and comprehensive mastery of supported platforms/products and environments. Focuses the majority of time on complex engineering, architectural and implementation tasks. Project assignments are large in scope and are highly complex.
- Provide exceptional customer service to Dignity Health end users, Business Stakeholders and other members of Dignity IT
- Perform daily production support activities
- Participate in team on-call rotations.
- Perform patching and code deployments across all environments
- Lead projects associated to the enhancement, upgrade/patching, or implementation of new or existing technology solutions.
- Coordinate implementation and support efforts between IT Operations and other Dignity IT teams.
- Conduct performance tuning and troubleshooting.
- Provide oversight and facilitation of the Dignity IT change management process as it applies to the IT Operations team.
- Review, recommend and monitor the source code/versioning management function adhering to technical management guidelines
- Provide technical leadership and ownership of issues across multiple disciplines and technologies
- Design, implement and maintain a comprehensive monitoring and alerting process across all IT Operations platforms
- With oversight from the System Engineering Lead and Operations Manager(s), initiate and facilitate strategic planning activities (capacity planning, process improvement, maintenance, upgrade and end-of-life planning, roadmap development)
- Build new test and production environments on existing or new hardware as required.
- Identify automation opportunities and implement scripted solutions.
- Identify technical innovation and process improvement opportunities.
- Design and implement a comprehensive and ongoing release management and planning program.
- Utilize standard tools and methodology to develop system and support performance metrics.
- Demonstrate potential leadership qualities through team motivation, coaching, and mentoring.
- Demonstrate comprehensive knowledge & expertise with Dignity business processes and routines.
- Research and recommend appropriate System Administration best practices
Posting Date - 06/28/2017
- BA or BS in Computer Science, Technology, or Business discipline or equivalent experience is required
- 6-10 years of professional experience in an IT technical or infrastructure field is required
- Ability to develop and organize written documentation and procedures is required
- Demonstrates a customer service approach to service delivery and effectively communicates with our customers on requests and incidents
- Strong conflict resolution skills
- Ability to multi task in a fast paced work environment
- Team player will work close in team environment
Job ID 2017-34781