Critical Environment Manager provides operational, technical & strategic oversight to facility team and staff for all critical infrastructure and environments within the assigned portfolio. This includes supporting Facility and Project Management in the delivery of services while ensuring the integrity and reliability of the client’s critical operations are not compromised or disrupted. Oversee the efficient operations and maintenance of all facility electrical, mechanical, and structural, fire/life safety and critical back-up systems and to apprise the client’s representative of any and all conditions affecting building services and uptime reliability.
· Support the Facility’s engineering and/or operations staff and direct third party vendors as required, then monitor performance of their assigned responsibilities.
· Perform and/or direct the performance of all facility departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in all spaces are accomplished efficiently and in accordance with applicable codes, laws and regulations.
· Manage the Critical Environments Change Control process for mechanical systems, electrical systems, HAVC systems, and fire/life-safety.
· 24/7 response for critical equipment emergencies; open conference bridge to manage team response until issue has been stabilized.
· Ensure compliance with all Client requirements and expectations, including Critical Facilities’ Guidelines, Critical Environment Work Authorization, Process Optimization, all operations and maintenance Bulletins & Exterminators, and Addendums.
· Performs Operations audits in your area as well as other areas on the account.
· Develops and/or improves preventive/predictive maintenance program for client’s assets.
· Performs root cause analysis and recommends sustainable corrective actions.
· Manage, update and compile monthly and quarterly reports as requested by the client.
Provide technical oversight to support Facility/ Project Management in the delivery of maintenance, project, and construction related activities supporting facility operations.
· Recommend and provide cost/ benefit analysis for repairs and improvements, for inclusion in the annual budget.
· Maintain effective communication with all external and internal customers, including Clients, Facility & Project management, suppliers and Engineering staff.
· Perform additional job duties as requested.
· Bachelor’s degree in mechanical, electrical engineering or equivalent experience directing and managing a facility-engineering department.
· Critical Facility engineering design and operations experience beneficial.
· 10+ years’ experience in facility/plant engineering and maintenance management and supervision experience.
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
· Proficient in MS Office Suite including Word, Excel and SharePoint.
· Travelrequired as needed for emergencies and equipment replacement