- Applies knowledge of company design principles to assess and resolve product/process issues through the product lifecycle or test equipment supporting product.
- Analyzes, conducts root cause analysis, and develops dispositions for design non-conformances.
- Applies engineering principles to research technical, operational and quality issues that cannot be resolved by customer and designs interim and final engineering solutions.
- Identifies documents, analyzes reported problems, and communicates deviations that could impact design intent and safety; recommends and manages resolution.
- Develops and implements product/process improvements.
- Supports Integrated Product Teams (IPT) and participates in design reviews.
- Represents the engineering community in the build through post production environment.
- Ensures supplier and build partner compliance with company standards.
- Develops customer correspondence for continued safe operation and maintenance of equipment. Participates in on-site disabled product repair teams.
- Designs interim structural repairs and conducts static strength analysis.
- Develops non-destructive test procedures, tools and standards.
- Conducts simple static strength analysis.
- Required – Interim Secret Clearance.
*U.S. Citizenship is required by law, regulation, executive order, or government contract.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor's degree and typically 5 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a Master's degree with typically 3 or more years' experience in an engineering classification or a PhD degree with experience in an engineering classification.
Conditions of Employment:
Applicants selected for employment will be required to pass a pre-employment drug screening and background investigation which may include education, criminal and work history verifications.