This individual supports the goals and objectives established by the plant and the corporation by developing, implementing, effectively managing and administering Human Resources programs at a medium sized non-union plant in accordance with company policy and governmental regulations. The role will be involved in the operations aspect of the plant and will also be responsible for the inside and outside sales organization for the business unit throughout the US and abroad. This role will work directly with the VP & General Manager of the business unit to develop the strategy of the business.
Dover Corporation is a multi-billion dollar diversified global manufacturer. For over 50 years, Dover has been providing its customers with outstanding products and services in industrial technology that reflect the company’s commitment to operational excellence, innovation and market leadership. The company focuses on innovative equipment and components, specialty systems and support services. Dover is headquartered in Downers Grove, Illinois and employs over 35,000 people worldwide. Dover Corporation is traded on the New York Stock Exchange under “DOV.”
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Collaborates closely with Corporate HR to understand and implement HR programs that drive standardization across the division while ensuring plant business needs are met
- Takes actions required to address key talent gaps, ensuring plant has the right people in the right place at the right time
- Leading Organization change and improvement initiatives
- Organization and talent development including leadership training and succession planning
- Hourly, salary and salescompensation
- Develop, implement, and administer assigned Human Resource functional responsibilities, ensuring that programs, policies and procedures support the overall business strategy.
- Interfaces with assigned “clients” to identify Human Resources issues within the “client” area and approaches to proactively deal with those issues. Act with a sense of urgency to help “clients” address business needs.
- Coach and counsel management, providing insight into the Human Resources function that can lead to developing/strengthening competitive advantage.
- Monitor, coach and support associates. Develop programs designed to ensure fair and equitable treatment of associates.
- Challenges the status quo and champions new initiatives acting as a catalyst of change and stimulating others to change. Anticipates and identifies barriers to change and uses appropriate levers for change.
- Establish metrics which enable HR to drive continuous improvement in value added activities to help the business meet the expectations of the external customer.
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related business discipline
- 5-8years Human Resources management experience in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with merit planning, recruiting, associate relations, benefits administration, and compensation
- Success in this position requires a highly organized individual with a customer service focus
- Tenacity for results
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Interpersonal skills.
- Communication skills.
- Knowledge of current federal, state, and local regulations.