The Operations Planning Manager position is responsible for the day to day execution of balancing customer requirements with efficient work flow scheduling of all machines in all value streams while ensuring that materials are available to produce and on time delivery to the customer is achieved.
The Operations Planning Manager position is the key link between sales and the facility and the facility and the customers and is the primary liaison between sales, customer service, manufacturing and the customer when there is an issue that needs to be addressed.
- Facility New Product Launch Process Owner to coordinate Product Development, Process Engineering and pre-production resources
- Establish and track performance metrics including the use of A3 problem solving process to determine root cause, identify and implement corrective measures
- Prepare and execute accurate capacity, demand and material planning and forecasts
- Manage raw and WIP inventory levels and ensure material is available when required for production.
- Manage finished goods inventory levels and ensure warehouse has finished goods to satisfy releases
- Ensure an accurate and reliable rolling production schedule is developed on a daily basis
- Maintain an accurate backlog (correct shipment weeks) of orders and liaises sales to ensure there is an adequate understanding of future demand
- Ensures that customer requirements for ship dates are met
- Manages scheduling of the plant so that the three-month rolling sales forecast is met
- Participates in Coveris Performance System (CPS) activities.
- Ensures company guidelines are followed
- Comply with all general safety, quality and food safety policies and procedures within the facility
- Be involved in and support safety, quality and food safety activities that pertain to their jobs
- Responsible for reporting all safety, quality and food safety problems to personnel with authority to initiate action
- Treat others at all levels with kindness, dignity, and respect
- Work with Value Stream Leaders, Quality Manager and Department Managers to put in place procedures and processes that address customer quality issues.
Operations Planning Manager (cont.)
- Seek and support continuous improvement through the acquisition and implementation of systems to facilitate operations planning.
- Ensure the status of each SKU is maintained (inventory level, anticipated weekly demand) and that the production schedule is aligned with the status of each SKU.
- Manages customer service order input so that the backlog reflects customer demand accurately
- Participate in daily leadership activities in including Gemba walks.
- Lead by example: safety, quality, productivity, and performance
STANDARDS OF PERFORMANCE
- On-time shipments
- Inventory Turns
- 4 Yeardegree in Supply Chain, Business Administration or related field.
- Master’s degree a plus.
- 5 - 10 years of Supply Chain professional experience with increasing responsibilities demonstrated to accomplish the above responsibilities
- Demonstrated leadership as part of a cross-functional management team.
- Proven ability to manage and develop staff.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Sound planning and organizational skills.
- High level of proficiency in PC spreadsheets and ERP/MRP systems.
- Lean manufacturing knowledge / certification a plus.
Job ID 2017-1889