About the General Motors Global SAP Team:GM offers a career in Java and SAP that will expand your knowledge and provide opportunities to lead development and delivery for one of the world’s largest SAP implementations. This is a chance to develop your skills and expand your capabilities across numerous SAP modules within our global organization. This is a challenge that will enable you to grow as a top Java and SAP delivery professional. The SAP Java team has delivered multiple web based applications to critical acclaim from the business customer. For 2018, large new application development and mobile opportunities are planned.
About the Role: The Java Senior Systems Developer role will involve close interaction with the Systems Architect, functional team members, business team and other members of the development team and will demand a high level of design and coding to implement and deliver enhancements. Ideal candidate will have 7+ years of J2EE, web programming, and architecture experience. Candidate will have extensive experience with the design and development of web based applications and enterprise integrations as they will be key factor in the success of both the technical and functional aspects of a given project. Candidate must possess a proven history of success as a technical team leader. Candidate must have excellent time management and communication skills as they will need to communicate with both a technical and non-technical audience. Candidate must have proven experience dealing directly and successfully with individuals outside of the technology organization. Candidate also must have willingness to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work on large scale global implementations as well as smaller, faster innovative challenges.
- Knowledge of design Patterns: Singleton, Factory, MVC, Proxy, Façade, Command, etc.
- Proficiency with Agile Development Techniques (including TDD, JUnit, Mocks, Pair Programming)
- Ability to clearly communicate with peers, business analysts, and subject matter experts
- Ability to function with new technologies
- Ability to lead and mentor associate developers
- Attentiveness to detail and precision
- 7+ years' experience delivering Java / J2EE Business Solutions
- 7+ years' experience of the full software development lifecycle (SDLC)
- 5+ years' experience with Server technologies – Weblogic, Tomcat
- 5+ years' experience with tools including: Eclipse, Jenkins, Maven, Ant, TFS, ALM, SVN
- 5+ years' experience with OO analysis and design experience
- Experience in Open Text technologies: Document Server, Archiving, Vendor Integration Management (VIM), and Optical Character Recognition (OCR).
- Experience with SAP Portal, Web portal development, and UI design is a plus.
- Experience with MobileFirst is desirable
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology (preferred) or related field