Senior Business Program Manager
Purpose of Job
Leads and motivates cross-functional team members in the development and implementation of key initiatives. Performs complex and unique work assignments and problem resolution within a program. Initiates and proactively manages the development of new, developing, or existing program. Shapes and supports program planning activities around a wide range of technology, business and management challenges. Contributes to the improvement of the program management discipline through mentoring of other program managers and leading improvements in the processes and artifacts of program management.
We are currently seeking talented Senior Business Program Manager for our San Antonio, TX facility.
- Proactively identifies potential program opportunities to deliver integrated solutions that meet multiple business partner needs. Directs analyses, root cause identification and development and recommendation of key work products.
- Appliesexperienced knowledge of the business, its products and processes to assess program risks and rewards across multiple technologies and business goals.
- Negotiates agreements, settles disputes equitably and diffuses high tension situations.
- Defines and maintains multi-million dollar high risk program strategies based on business demand and ROI expectations.
- Proactively negotiates program tradeoffs with IT and the business as the program develops to ensure alignment of demand to capacity.
- Works in a highly matrixed environment.
- Responsible for developing multi-year business plan to deliver business capabilities and define execution approach to achieve business goal while reducing risk and delivering early business value where ever possible.
- Facilitate meetings with senior executive management project sponsors to define solutions.
- Sometimes mentors Program Managers in developing business strategies, identifying benefits and defining alternatives across departmental programs and across USAA programs.
- Bachelor's Degree OR at least 4 additional years of directly related work experience beyond the requiredyears of experience may be substituted in lieu of degree.
- 6+ year's project and/or program management experience (including experience defining a new program) or relevant business experience.
- Experience in Principles of Project/Program or Portfolio Management.
*Qualifications may warrant placement in a different job level.*
When you apply for this position, you will be required to answer some initial questions. This will take approximately 5 minutes. Once you begin the questions you will not be able to finish them at a later time and you will not be able to change your responses.
- Knowledge of instructional design tools & methodologies
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize software, technologies and applications for the creation and development of training (Adobe Captivate, Camtasia, etc.)
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize various methods to deliver learning solutions for desired training outcomes
The above description reflects the details considered necessary to describe the principal functions of the job and should not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be performed in the job.
At USAA our employees enjoy one of the best benefits packages in the business, including a flexible business casual or casual dress environment, comprehensive medical, dental and vision plans, along with wellness and wealth building programs. Additionally, our career path planning and continuing education will assist you with your professional goals.
USAA also offers a variety of on-site services and conveniences to help you manage your work and personal life, including seven cafeterias, two company stores and three fitness centers.
Relocation assistance is available for this position.