The Jel Sert Company is looking for a Shopper Insights Manager for our Value Channel Team. This newly created role reports to our Vice President of Value Channel Accounts. Candidates should live within the Eastern region, with a preference in OH, NC, TN or VA. This position requires one to travel up to 60% of the time.
Responsible for the analysis, integration and communication of sales data and consumer insights in the development and implementation of business objectives, strategies and tactics to maximize sales, market share and profitability of Jel Sert products in the Value Channel.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (including but not limited to the following)
- Provide Analytics and Thought Leadership by understanding strategies and initiatives for portfolio and brand management. Provide insights needed for actionable steps.
- Interpret and deliver national retail syndicated data analytics and the Category Management Process as defined by industry standards.
- Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis and leads solution development for customer needs.
- Supportforecasting efforts; forecast new and current product line volume assumptions.
- Support new product line launches and line reviews; provide necessary category trend information to aid Brand/Marketing, Innovation team, and Sales team in preparing, forecasting, and selling-in new product lines.
- Post-promotional Analysis; support Marketing, Leadership and Sales team in fact-based evaluations of performance ROI on both national and account specific promotions.
- Responsible for the execution and delivery of objectives, goals, strategies, forecasts, metrics as outlined in the business plan while monitoring the established budget.
- Define and execute customer solutions for profitable sales growth for products/assortment, placement and everyday shelving and merchandising, pricing, promotion and seasonal merchandising to achieve customer objectives, category leadership and company objectives.
To execute this job successfully, one must meet the minimum requirements listed below, in order to perform each essential duty satisfactorily while demonstrating the knowledge, skill, and/or abilities required.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Minimum of 4years of sales analytics experience within a CPG food and/or beverage company required.
- Proficiency in CPG syndicated data analytics and the Category Management Process required, as measured by industry standards.
- Expertise in the use of Excel, PowerPoint, Word, ACNielsen/IRI, Scan data mandatory; 1010experience a plus.
- Proven track record of identifying and evaluating opportunities in CPG business.
- Direct Sales account management is a plus.
- Bachelor?s Degree in business, marketing, or related field desirable; MBA a plus
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS and ABILITIES
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to lead the analysis of customer sales and inventory data while identifying demographic opportunities for the Jel Sert portfolio of products.
- Proven skills of managing a large amount of data into usable, analytical, and actionable format.
- Ability to succeed in a customer focused sales organization.
- Experience creating sales presentations and developing customer programs.
- Proven strategic leader with exceptional business management skills.
- Solid understanding of business statistics and financials.
- Ability to develop creative solutions to business opportunities by thinking ?outside the box?.
- Strong and effective communication skills with the ability to present ideas effectively, listen actively, and work across functional boundaries and with the ability to interact with all levels of the organization.
- Continuous learner with a desire to progress into a Sales position.
Works out of a home office along with traveling up to 60% of the time.
- Prioritizes and schedules work based on meeting specific corporate and account objectives and/or projects.
- Works closely and communicates effectively and efficiently with other departments, internally and externally.
- Working with the Value Channel Team to in establish and maintain specific guidelines, policies, procedures, reporting mechanisms, etc. for delivery of optimal service levels to the Value Channel Team and the company.
FOOD SAFETY and QUALITY RESPONSIBILITIES
Follow applicable procedures and work instructions.
IMPACT ON JEL SERT SUCCESS
This role is critical to the short term and long term success at Value Channel. Replenishment performance and sales analysis are key drivers in maximizing sales and creates confidence in Jel Sert as a supplier that can handle additional volume opportunities.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Ability to travel frequently, whether it is driving in a vehicle or in an airplane for long amount of time ~ 6 hours minimum.
- Ability to move distances (within and between) office environments and travel environments.
- Must be able to read and write in English on a daily basis.
- Reaching: Extending hand(s) and arm(s) in any direction.
- Standing: Remaining upright on the feet, particularly for sustained amount of time.
- Walking: Moving about on foot to accomplish tasks, particularly for long distances or moving from one work site to another.
- Pushing: Using upper extremities to press against something with steady force in order to thrust forward, downward or outward.
- Pulling: Using upper extremities to exert force in order to draw, drag, haul or tug objects in a sustained motion.
- Lifting: Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving objects horizontally from position to-position.
- Fingering: Picking, pinching, typing or otherwise working, primarily with fingers rather than with whole hand or arm as in handling.
- Grasping: Applying pressure to an object with the fingers and palm.
- Feeling: Perceiving attributes of objects, such as size, shape, temperature or texture by touching with skin, particularly that of fingertips.
- Talking: Expressing or exchanging ideas by means of the spoken word; those activities where detailed or important spoken instructions must be conveyed to otherworkers accurately, loudly, or quickly.
- Hearing: Perceiving the nature of sounds at normal speaking levels with or without correction, and having the ability to receive detailed information through oral communication, and making fine discriminations in sound.
- Repetitive motions: Making substantial movements (motions) of the wrists, hands, and/or fingers.
- Medium work: Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. This could be luggage during travel or product.
- The worker is required to have close visual acuity to perform an activity such as: preparing and analyzing data and figures; transcribing; viewing a computer terminal; extensive reading and/or visual inspection with the ability to recognize color.
- The worker is required to have visual acuity to operate motor vehicles.