So what does a Bridge Civil Associate at Michael Baker International do? Combining a degree in Civil Engineering and knowledge/ education in computer science is an awesome career, but not an easy opportunity path to find. At Michael Baker International, this career is a reality! Can you walk me through a typical day of a Bridge Civil Associate? This position with Michael Baker International is involved with the design and analysis of various engineering projects, under direct supervision of a Professional Engineer. This position involves both Bridge and Software Engineering and related skills. What can I expect for a career path, and where might this role take me? Develop into a Civil Engineer upon receiving PE Certification Could you be the Bridge Civil Associate we are looking for?
- 0-2 years’ experience under a registered professional.
- Four yeardegree in Engineering or related field.
- AASHTO’s bridge design and evaluation specifications, Finite Element Analysis, and Structural Analysis and Bridge Design.
- In support of that work, the position requires Software Programming using C++/C# Development and Debugging, FE analysis programming, Domain Design using OOP, GUI Design, Producing XML Reports (C++/C#), Programming and Software Testing (Black-Box and White-Box testing).
- Also, the position needs to employ technical writing in creating and maintaining HTML for user help documents