Job Description: The Raleigh Office of an integrated Architectural, Planning, Interior Design and Engineering firm offers long-term career opportunity for an Engineer with 10 plus years of experience. We are seeking an individual with experience on Healthcare and Science & Technologyprojects who is looking for the opportunity for career growth in a leadership role. We believe this individual desires to grow a new engineering practice in the Raleigh office and the surrounding market. This individual will also be primarily responsible for delivery, design excellence, project quality, and client satisfaction.
Excellent presentation, verbal and written communication skills required. Ability to react quickly to issues while fostering a collaborative environment is a must. A history of prior experience managing a staff of engineers in a "hands on" AE environment is a plus.
This candidate must be capable of participating with the design effort from concept design through construction administration while growing and managing a new engineering staff.
Duties will include:
- Work with firm Principals on business development efforts with an end goal of growing the office revenue and engineering staff.
- Support Raleigh projects by participating in projects and/or managing Philadelphia engineering staff
- Energy modeling and payback analysis, LEED submissions, specification writing, equipment selection and scheduling
- Chilled water, heating water and geothermal plant engineering and design
- VAV, chilled beam, underfloor, and positive displacement air system engineering and design
Job Requirements:The successful applicant will have the following:
- Professional Engineering License
- Bachelors of Science in Mechanical Engineering (Architectural EngineeringDegree is acceptable)
- A minimum of 10 years HVAC system design experience
- A minimum of 10 years experience supervising an engineering staff
- Excellent written, verbal and graphic communication skills