Dewberry is a leading, market-facing professional services firm with more than 50 locations and 2,000 professionals nationwide. What sets us apart from our competitors are our people. At Dewberry, we seek out exceptional talent and strive to deliver the highest quality of services to our clients. Whether you’re an experienced professional or a new graduate, you’ll have the chance to collaborate with the best and brightest and work on innovative and complex projects at the forefront of the industry. Our commitment to excellence stems from our personal integrity and from other defining attributes, which we call “Dewberry at Work,” that have inspired our employees to be successful for more than a half-century.
Dewberry is currently seeking a Facilities Construction Quality Manager based out of the Gainesville, VA office. Successful candidates will work on projects in Dulles, VA. The successful candidate will manage the assigned elements of a construction project to assure quality of the contractor’s compliance with the plans and contract documents, manage project inspection personnel\staffing and serve as owner’s representative.
Assigned project elements will primarily involve transportation facilities. Some project elements may involve structures as well as site civil components. Duties include analyzing and interpreting project plans and specifications to ensure project constructability, interpretation of unclear contractlanguage, perform work order time impact analysis, maintain and reportcontractor’s daily production rates, prepare independent construction estimates, make recommendations for partial and final contractor payments, monitor project budgets, supervise and manage inspection personnel and make recommendations on project staffing, conduct pre-construction conference, utility coordination meetings, construction progress meetings, write project management correspondence and approve or reject recommendations made by project inspectors.
Required Skills & Required Experience
- Bachelor's degree, specializing in construction/engineering management.
- Minimum 10 years of experience in the management of facilities and/or infrastructure construction projects
- Current Virginia, MD and/or DC PE license is preferred
- Considerable knowledge of vertical building construction, transit stations, MEP systems, traffic engineering, utilities construction methods, procedures, practices, plans, specifications and contracts, materials used and performance, environmental, legal and safety responsibilities related to construction of transportation facilities.
- Working knowledge of IBC and National Fire Protection Association (NFPA) codes, FTA Guidelines, FTA Transit Safety and Security Certification Handbook, VDOT Road and Bridge Specifications, Road and Bridge Standards, Construction Manual, Design-Build Manual, and Inspector Manual.
- Knowledge of the use of electronic data processing equipment and contract management software
- Ability to supervise and manage employee work groups
- Ability to interpret building plans, specifications, and contracts
- Ability to prepare technical, financial, administrative and explanatory correspondence
- Ability to establish and work to project budgets
- Ability to establish a detailed scope of work and identify and capture activities that occur outside of the defined scope
- LEED Accreditation is a plus
- DOT or U.S. Army Corp of Engineers constructioninspectionexperience/certifications including knowledge of building and utilities construction methods, materials, standards and specifications
- Recognition as a Certified Construction Manager through the Construction Management Association of America (CMAA) or similar Construction Manager Certifications is preferred
Job ID 5143