We are recruiting for the following:
Nurse Director Cath Lab
Location: United States - Texas - McAllen
Industry: Healthcare / Health Services
Job Category: Medical / Health - Nurse Leadership
The Department Nurse Director shall oversee and guide nursing and clinical employees that are hired for their department. Responsible for interacting with hospital staff, patients, families, visitors, and/or ancillary departments regarding patient care, concerns and conflicts by identifying and assisting resolution.
Responsible and accountable for maintaining performance skills of their employees, assuring regulatory and accreditation readiness, and maintaining staff schedules, payroll, orientation, staff meetings, policies, performance improvement, and is accountable for budget compliance and budget variance. Routinely works week days, but may need to support staff at other times when necessary.
This position summary contains the most basic duties and does not exclude other assignments not mentioned.
1. 4 years of previous RNexperiencerequired.
2. 3-5 years previous management experiencepreferred.
3. Must demonstrate commitment and adherence to STHS’s Compliance Program and Code of Conduct through compliance with all policies and procedures, the Code of Conduct, attendance at required training and immediately reporting suspected compliance issue(s) to the Compliance Officer.
EDUCATION / LICENSURE:
1. Registered Nurse currently licensed in the State of Texas, or part of a compact state license, or has a valid temporaryRN license for the State of Texas while waiting to receive the permanent license.
2. New hires as of December 1, 2009 must have BSN (or Bachelor’s in related field) with master’s preferred. Internal candidates without a BSN may be considered based upon a written agreement that they will obtain their BSN within a predetermined time frame after transfer to the Director position. This timeframe will be determined based on review of current educational credits and degree plan and education plan development with the System CNO. Failure to obtain their BSN within the prescribed time may result in removal from the Director position.
3. Must have and maintain current certifications, according to unit specific needs. Certification must be in accordance with the curriculum of the AHA, for Healthcare Provider’s Program (for any and all certifications applicable through the AHA program) – please check all that apply:
4. Familiar with basic nursing performance standards as outlined in the TX Nurse Practice Act.
5. Membership in related professional organization preferred.
Security Clearance Required: No
Visa Candidate Considered: No
Full-time Benefits - Full
Relocation Assistance Available - Yes
Commission Compensation - No
Bonus Eligible - No
Overtime Eligible - No
Interview Travel Reimbursed - Yes
- 2+ to 5 years experience
Seniority Level - Director
Management ExperienceRequired - Yes
Minimum Education - Bachelor's Degree
Willingness to Travel - Occasionally