The successful candidate will act as the on-site internal auditor for the PENSCO Companies’ (“the Companies”) Denver operations and will report directly to the Audit Director Headquartered in Irvine, California. The candidate will work closely with the Companies’ Denver Operations and senior management to evaluate the effectiveness of internal control systems and enterprise-wide risk management (ERM) processes in accordance with supervisory guidance and industry practice. In addition, the candidate will assist the Companies in continuously improving operating systems and procedures through consultancy/advisory services and supporting various agencies conducting external audits. A key criteria for success will be the ability to forge a strong partnership with line management and to work in a collaborative way.
- Knowledge of accounting principles and techniques in addition to fundamentals of economics, finance, statistical analysis, and information technology.
- Knowledgeable of professional standards for the practice of internal auditing including Risk Based Internal Audit methodology and ability to conduct work in accordance with professional standards, the PENSCO Companies’ Audit Policy and departmental policies, procedures, and practices.
- Demonstrated ability to perform financial and operational audits with minimal supervisory assistance.
- Ability to promote teamwork and collegiality in an office environment.
- Ability to manage assigned work effectively.
- Ability to properly document work completed.
- Ability to interact in an effective way with clients.
- Ability to multi-task in getting assigned work completed timely and adapt to unexpected changes in work assignments and priorities.
- Ability to effectively conduct a preliminary survey as part of an internal audit with general supervisory direction that:
- Accurately assesses and identifies risks associated with the operation under reviewed and potential impact of identified risks to operations.
- Results in the identification of audit objectives that focus field work on areas of highest risk and/or getting benefit to organization.
- Results in the development of an effective audit program.
- Ability to determine appropriate data analysis that needs to be performed to achieve project objectives.
- Ability to modify audit tests to properly test/validate controls and evaluate risk.
- Excellent analytical skills to perform data analysis and transaction testing with minimal supervisory assistance to form the basis for observations and/or reaching a conclusion regarding the adequacy of controls or effectiveness of operations.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and ability to complete auditreports to be submitted to the Internal Audit Manager in a concise and timely manner.
- B.A. or B.S. degree from college with a major in an appropriate field such as Accounting, Business Administration, Public Administration, or Computer Science.
- Six (6) years of related and demonstrated internal auditexperience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Professional auditing or accounting certification in one if more of the following: CIA, CPA, CISA, or CFE.