Auto Plus is a major U.S.-based distributor of automotive aftermarket parts. Since 1921, Pep Boys has been one of the nation's leading automotive aftermarket chains with over 7,500 service bays in over 800 locations in 35 states and Puerto Rico. Together, the united organization, Auto Plus Pep Boys, has over 21,000 associates in more than 20distribution centers and over 1,000 corporate locations. In addition, the company supports more than 530 independently-owned stores and over 2,400 independently-owned service centers across the nation. Auto Plus Pep Boys is owned by Icahn Enterprises L.P. ("Icahn Enterprises"; NASDAQ: IEP).
The General Manager I has overall responsibility for the management of a large group of DCs operations in the Auto Plus Pep Boys network. The incumbent is responsible for execution of processes and procedures that create the best use of assets for the company to ensure that we have the most effective distributionnetwork to improve fill rate accuracy, customer service and profitability. Directs all aspects of a regional distribution operation including merchandise inventory, shipping and receiving, and maintenance of facilities. Ensures timely deliveries to maximize sales. This position has been designated as a safety-sensitive position.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Maintains receiving, warehousing, and distribution operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Complies with federal, state, and local warehousing, material handling, and shipping requirements by studying existing and new legislation; enforcing adherence to requirements; advising management on needed actions.
- Safeguards warehouse operations and contents by establishing and monitoring security procedures and protocols.
- Controls inventory levels by conducting physical counts; reconciling with data storage system.
- Maintains physical condition of warehouse by planning and implementing new design layouts; inspecting equipment; issuing work orders for repair and requisitions for replacement.
- Achieves financial objectives by preparing an annual budget; scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Completes warehouse operational requirements by scheduling and assigning employees; following up on work results.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or related field
- Advanced Degreepreferred
- 7-10 years' experience in Supply Chain or Operation Management for Auto Parts Distributor
- 3-5 years of Supervisory experience
- Excellent management skills
- Customer driven, strong business acumen
- Analytical and critical thinking skills
- Coaching style that builds teamwork
- Leadership skills
- Ability to communicate at every level of the organization
- Ability to exercise judgment and to work independently
- Demonstrated organizational and comprehension skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Strong PC skills, including MS Office products
- Must demonstrate consistency, accuracy and follow-through