Job Title: Senior Supplier Quality Engineer (Mechanical)
Location: Westbrook, ME
Duration: Full-Time/Direct Hire
Experience: Min 5+ Years
Benefits: Full Benefits + Interview Travel Reimbursed + Relocation (For Suitable Profile)
Industry: Pharmaceutical / Biotech
Job Category: Engineering - OtherEngineering
Educational Qualifications:Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering
Travel: Around 20% of the time.
- Will join a team of two Engineers to support all our instruments’ and disposables’ parts: (consumable and component) for our Water Division. This includes: plastic bottles, thermoform trays, sealers, automated machinery, and replacing obsolete components.
- Will work with at least 10 different suppliers in the US and abroad.
- Will have good communication skills and develop strong business relationships with suppliers, supplier relationship managers, research & development (R&D) and others.
- Will identify technical problems with suppliers and will implement corrective actions.
- Will lead supplier process assessments, validations, and audits for new and existing suppliers.
- Will interpret design drawings and specifications, provide coaching and guidance and ensures suppliers have sufficient processes in place to meet CTQ items (using Six Sigma).
- Will be “hands-on” in our Water laboratory for problem solving and supporting R&D efforts.
- 5+ years of related experience;
- Mechanical Engineeringdegree;
- Experiencewith injection molding, blow molding, thermoforming, and machining of parts preferred;
- Lean/Six Sigma manufacturing experience;
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts;
- Ability to generate, interpret, and explain with clarity, complex mechanical design drawings and documentation;
- Project leadership/management skills.
- Knowledge of CAD (Solidworks) preferred
- Knowledge of quality control plans
- Experiencewith maintaining quality records and certification
- Supplier process assessments experience
- Supplier auditexperience.