The Product Development Program Timing Specialist will collaborate with the vehicle teams to support the development of vehicle program timing. The Timing Specialist is responsible for leading the development of program timing based on the critical path timing of key functional activities, component development, and vehicle test requirements. The Timing Specialist will conduct studies, comparisons, and alternatives for programs based on program-defined constraints and provide clear data to assist in management decision making. The Timing Specialist will provide look-ahead reports at weekly Program Team Meetings (PMTs) and VP level meetings and will assess risks to program milestones.
The Timing Specialist will be responsible for tracking tooling and testing status, as the Vehicle Team point contact for Part Development Process (PDP). The Timing Specialist will also be responsible for training and weekly status reporting in PDP, providing documentation on tooling and testing Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for IH reviews and PCs, as required. The Timing Specialist will publish monthly timing reports for corporate distribution and monthly senior management reports to VPs and Directors. The Timing Specialist will also lead discussions with Product Design, ACE, and BICEE teams to establish timing requirements for development activities, and lead meetings and discussions with Manufacturing Engineering, Product Planning, Marketing, and Volume Planning to establish launch cadence and timing for multiple vehicle launches and pilot builds within an assembly plant.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering from an ABET accredited university; otherdegrees, in combination with relevant experience, may also be considered
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience in the auto industry
- Strong leadership and customer service skills.
- Ability to lead and facilitate team meetings.
- Excellent MS PowerPoint skills — to execute executive level presentations, including charts
- Above average MS Excel skills
- Strong written and verbal presentation skills, including the ability to present data to multiple management levels.
- Understanding of the Part Development Process (PDP)
- Understanding of EBOM
- Understanding of the part development process
- Understanding of the vehicle development process
- Knowledge of the Chrysler Product Creation Process (CPCP)