Manager Information Technology
Leads and coaches staff for the Data Services unit of Information Services, performing requirements definition, analysis, design and implementation of new and modifications to existing information systems to enhance and support business processes and meet information needs. Works closely with peers and internal customers, supports planning and coordination for systems and technology implementations. Resolves complex operational issues and recommends and implements viable alternatives and solutions. Ensures customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience of Systems Development Life Cycle (SDLC)
- Experience working with Enterprise or Solution Architects to continue developing and improving database strategy
- Ability to balance preferred technical architecture and business requirements to provide effective systems solutions
- Experience with “always on” strategies and solutions
- Experience working with other infrastructure teams to ensure best practice design and deployment
- Manage work intake and planning for resources supporting both day-to-day operations and project activities
- This role will manage both the SQL and Oracle DBA teams
- BS in Computer Science, Business or related degree or equivalent work experience.
- An additional eight to ten (8-10) years progressively responsible related experience in area/s of assignment is required to obtain an advanced understanding of information and/or communication systems, database operations, operating systems, network communications, equipment and infrastructure.
- Demonstrated leadership skills required.
- Previous supervisory experience preferred.
- Demonstrated high quality oral, written and presentation communication skills, high quality interpersonal and people management skills, and demonstrated experience in project management.
- Extensive experience in the development, integration, and support of information and communication systems applications.
- Extensive experience in information systems methodologies, systems guidelines & architectures, and technologies.
- Directs the delivery and maintenance of quality information and communication systems solutions to support PNW business processes that follow all I/S guidelines and architectures.
- Ensures client assistance and 7 day per week/24 hours a day support for operational systems consistent with Service Level Agreements and business processes are optimized.
- Ensures preferred technical architecture and business requirements are balanced to provide effective information and communication systems solutions, sound architecture, and cross-system integration objectives.
- Resolves technical issues and recommends and implements viable alternatives and solutions.
- Ensures departmental costs remain within approved budget.
- Continually improves department work processes.
- Develops unit level strategic plans that support corporate and I/S plans.
- Supports client planning process and prioritization for systems technology implementation.
- Assigns, directs, facilitates, reviews and approves unit work activities.
- Ensure effectiveness and productivity of the work unit.
Maintains knowledge and understanding of business processes.
- Manages, negotiates, and meets client's expectations.
- Implements performance management programs.
- Spends time with staff on performance focusing.
- Develops and retains a highly skilled technical team including a supervisory backup.
- Actively seeks to improve own skills and knowledge to apply to current and emerging business and technical environment.
- Ensures appropriate staffing levels and that staff has technical skills and business skills to support objectives of the organization.
- Acts to produce effective teams.
- Ensures the development of a cooperative culture that supports team accomplishments.
- In a timely manner, communicates issues openly and hoestly with staff, peers, management and customers.
Job ID 20170834