Join a team that is transforming business intelligence at Sun Life (SLF) Canada. Sun Life Client Solutions is aggressively enhancing its member insights capability with new tools, and most importantly, new talent. As part of Client Solutions Centre (CSC) Analytics, you will work closely with our business partners to provide data based decision support, understand our customer needs in new ways, and ultimately enable a leading customer experience. As a Senior Analyst, you will leverage our Big Data capabilities to enable these objectives through data mining, strategic insight and digital capability enablement. In joining Client Solutions you will be part of one of the fastest growing areas of our business, representing the future of our business and our industry.
Given this mandate, the role requires an experienced analyst (5+ years) with diverse analytical and business-focused skills. The candidates must have relevant experience in the following areas:
- Business/market analysis – i.e. performance metrics, market analysis
- Business communication – i.e. effective storytelling for senior audiences (written and verbal)
- Statistical methods – i.e. segmentation and propensity modeling
- Data discovery - i.e scoping new data sources, understanding and leveraging current data sources
- Work directly with business audiences to structure analytical problems and approaches, identifying the right questions to ask and structuring the appropriate analytical approaches in a way that business audiences understand
- Conduct analyses that identify/assess business opportunities and address key business challenges
- Formulate and execute queries, with reports that clearly answer business questions related to cross-selling, up-selling, lifestage purchase patterns
- Develop and drive innovative data mining thinking, including trend analysis; working closely with the marketing and finance resources within the Canadian business units to understand data availability and attributes
- Design, develop and implement performance metrics to support campaign measurement, analysis, and reporting and measure effectiveness of predictive modeling efforts
- Enable leaders to make timely data-driven product, market-development, and distribution decisions.
- Comply fully with all privacy, confidentiality, do not contact, SLF Code of Business Conduct, data security, and other requirements related to customer data.
- Maintain current knowledge on quantitative data mining tools and techniques.
- Must be able to effectively communicate complex results to a business audience not familiar with complex data and analytics.
- 5+ years of demonstrated experience in data mining, data warehousing, quantitative data analysis tools, multivariate statistical analysis techniques, and reporting tools.
- 5+ years of experience with base SAS and/or Enterprise Guide.
- Experience with response modeling in a direct mail or market research environment
- Some experience working closely with business leaders to enable strategy through data.
- Proven ability to manage up (managing expectations and understanding internal client needs).
- Proven ability to work well independently, but also function in a team environment, with frequent contact with people at all levels of the SLF Canada organization.
- Proven balance of analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Good working knowledge of presentation software such as PowerPoint.
- Able to think with agility in meeting business partners' demanding deadlines.
- Ability to move with minimum effort from detailed diagnostic thinking to higher level, opportunity-oriented thinking and to integrate the best from both into contributions and deliverables.
Technical Skill Requirements:
- Intermediate to Advanced user of SAS or SAS Enterprise Guide (5+ years)
- Intermediate to Advanced user of Microsoft Excel, MS Access, VBA, SQL (5+ years)
- Past experience in life insurance/wealth management, or otherfinancial services industry (e.g., retailbanking, credit card, property and casualty insurance)
- Experience in assessing marketingcampaigns in various channels (establishing control, measuring ROI)