THE CHALLENGEAt Eventbrite, we aim to deliver groundbreaking event organizer tools and attendee experiences globally. Design is at the heart of our mission and our User Experience Architects lead the way by discovering and understanding human behaviors, goals, and motivations. We use those insights to craft a clear vision of the future through bold, visionary design solutions and systems.
THE TEAMThe Eventbrite Design team is a centralized, multi-disciplinary group of Designers and Researchers who work across product groups. We are specialists within our individual products, as well as generalists across the Eventbrite platform. Partnering with Product Managers, Engineers and other Designers, we conceptualize and craft designs for features that will have a major impact across our ecosystem of products.
THE ROLEYou are a fierce advocate for the user, and are obsessed with creating elegantly simple userexperiences from complex workflows. You’ll bring these skills to bear by collaborating with Product Managers, Engineers andother Designers to take on meaningful and intellectually-satisfying projects. You’ll participate in all stages of product design, validating business needs and identifying user needs through research, influencing product strategy, crafting a compelling vision, inventing comprehensive UX systems and inspiring teams to push the boundaries of what’s possible.
HOW YOU’LL MAKE AN IMPACT
- Lead a substantial portion of early-stage project work where pathways are not always obvious; this includes identifying target user personas, creating a user research plan and conducting research, guiding strategy, developing design specifications and creating interactive prototypes
- Collaborate with Product Managers and other Designers to develop visionary strategies for the live event space, and establish relationships with Product and Engineering to bring that vision to life
- Work on feature upgrades that unlock new possibilities for our users
- Critique peer design work to help ensure we are solving the right problem, and crafting solutions in the most effective way
- Exercise your passion for good design
THE SKILL SET
- 8+ years relevant design and user research experience; bonus for experience working on consumer-facing iOS and Android native apps
- A portfolio showing your strengths
- Strong design thinking and facilitation skills
- Ability to clearly set and juggle priorities to focus on the most important issues
- Excellent communication and partnering skills
- Self-aware teammate with highly developed emotional intelligence
- Degree in Design, Behavioral Science, Human Factors, Human Computer Interaction, Anthropology, Cognitive Science, Psychology, Design Strategy or related field