Do you have a passion for software architecture and the ambition to play a key role in the building of a new global technology platform?
Are you seeking an opportunity to grow and develop within an innovative organization and work in a start-up like environment?
Join the Arch Capital Services Inc. as Senior Application Architect and be instrumental in designing and implementing the architecture of key Mortgage Insurance technology systems deployed across several countries around the world.
Arch Capital Services Inc. is actively seeking a Senior Application Architect who will be responsiblefor providing technical guidance to development teams to ensure implementation is aligned with the desiredarchitecture. In this key role, you will multi task across several projects simultaneously and provide developers assistance on proper implementation and debugging issues as necessary. Thought leadership and strong communication skills are essential. Ideal candidates will be comfortable working in a matrixed business environment and have a minimum of 10 years’ relevant experience. The successful individual will work closely with the business both locally and internationally, as well as customers, to successfully deliver these critical services.
- Responsible for the architecture and governance of software development for Global Mortgage Group systems projects
- Work closely with geographically disbursed development teams to ensure software engineering best practices are followed and prescribed technologies are utilized
- Keep current with technology trends and software engineering practices in order to effectively develop and govern software architecture and development for the Mortgage Group
- Work with product managers, business analysts and developers to gain a thorough understanding of business requirements in order to determine and support well aligned application architectures
- Develop and maintains mortgage group architecture roadmap
- Develop and maintains software development best practices and standards
- Develop and enforces proper build and deployment practices
- Ability to pick up new technologies quickly
- Lead troubleshooting, root-cause analysis and closure of business critical incidents
Required Experience and qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or a related technical field is required (or equivalent experience), plus a minimum of 10 years of relevant experience; or Master's degree plus a minimum of 8years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years in a hands-on architect role with exceptional Java experience working on large projects (> 100 man-months).
- Hands on experience with micro-services architecture and implementation in Cloud environments
This position is located in Raleigh, North Carolina and reports directly to the SVP, Chief Technology Officer. International travelrequired as needed.
Job ID 2017-1436