Analyze and design performance test scenarios based on load patterns on production system, Production application and network layout.
- Understand non-functional requirements (NFR), Performance Requirements such as volume metrics, throughput and response times for large scale applications
- Prepare and present overall Test Plan/Strategy for performance based on non-functional requirements
- Plan, design, and conduct performance testing of applications in order to assess server performance, effect of user behavior, and scalability of applications under load.
- Execute and coordinate monitoring of performance tests at network, system, application, and database layers.
- Work on Capacity Management and planning in coordination with architecture, infrastructure and network team.
- Work closely with QA team to help, grow and improve the test processes and skill sets
- Be an independent thinker, leader, and problem solver.
Bachelor’s degree and at least 7 years of experience in software development and technical quality assurance.
- Experience working with Business analysts and Solution Architects to Design, test and implement Performance coverage to deliver a performance, scalable, operable and resilient solution.
- Analyze and design performance test scenarios based on load patterns on production system, Production application and network layout.
- Experience in Performance analysis, debugging activities, diagnostics
- Experience in performance test results, identifying potential bottlenecks and recommend appropriate tuning of applications.
- Experience in creating comprehensive test reports and findings to management, development, and infrastructure teams to support decision-making about the deployment of applications in the production system.
- Recommend organization wide short term and long term strategies in view of performance requirements
- Demonstrated knowledge of TCP/IP, JVM tuning, SQLs, load modeling, UNIX command line utilities and performance monitoring of Linux and windows based system.
- Familiarity with HP Performance Center, Load Runner, JProfiler, JMX Console, Heap Dump Analysis, Thread dump analysis, Netstorm, Net Ocean, SQL Developer, SQL server management studio, SQL Profiler, PerfMon, Omniture, App Dynamics, Dynatrace, Splunk, Foglight, Graphite, UEM, jsp, json, xml, html (web technologies), IBM MQ, UFT – Quick Test Professional.
- Experience in Load generation /measurement tools (e.g. Performance Center, Load Runner, JMeter) and methodologies
- Experience in using monitoring tools (e.g. DynaTrace, New Relic, AppDynamics, Foglight, Graphite) & the ability to identify performance issues within the J2EE architecture.
- Experience working on more than one product delivery cycle simultaneously.
- At least 2 years of experience as a tester in software development.
- Experience developing performance design specifications, test plans and protocols.
- Experience identifying the relationship of performance bugs to software code
- Experience using time management skills such as prioritizing/organizing and tracking details and meeting deadlines of multiple projects with varying completion dates.
- Experience analyzing and reporting data in order to identify issues, trends, or exceptions to drive improvement of results and find solutions.
- Experience identifying operational issues and recommending and implementing strategies to resolve problems.
- Experience evaluating compatibility of programs with existing communications hardware and software.
- Well versed with the Performance Engineering Lifecycle. In depth knowledge of industry practice.