Symphony is a platform that provides end-to-end secure messaging and we are seeking a motivated, results-oriented DevOps Engineer to aid in production preparation of new functionalities in our ever-evolving complex global real-time messaging system focused on enterprise-grade high availability and performance.
As a DevOps Engineer, you will work with Agileengineering teams to provide production insight into running and operating software at-scale in a globally distributed highly available cloud based system. You will guide the team to consider scale-out implications and operational support implications of the choices they make during the development cycle to help foster an ownership in production mentality within the team. You will play a hands-on role helping the team meet ambitious technical, operational, schedule, and business requirements. The ideal candidate will be a systems thinker with a passion for creating products that deliver incredible customer experiences and have deep experience with operational automation, data driven metrics collection, and a true desire to automate it rather than do it repeatedly.
- Aid in building and supporting a container based platform architecture that can ensure microservice teams can own their code all the way into production.
- Build and support tooling and automated infrastructure necessary to deliver metrics from production environments, deploy releases to production environments, and manage multiple versions of multiple microservices operating in tandem to produce a fully functional system.
- Work with a team of backend and application development engineers to further institutionalize the notion of the team owns their code in production and offer suggestions on how to better do that in the context of the development sprint work.
- Demonstrated philosophy of automating your way out of repetitive operational work
- Experience running an at-scale global cloud based application in AWS or Google Cloud platforms.
- Experience automating in Python, Ruby or rapid-development languages.
- Experience in networking protocols, IP routing issues, TLS and diagnosing routing or high-level network transactional issues through logs and metrics.
- Experience building and operating log aggregation, tracing, metrics aggregation, and alerting systems that aid in diagnosing and understanding what is going on in complex microservice environments
- Experience operating and implementing distributed & highly concurrent service based architectures, including microservices, containerized services, and/or serverless architectures.
- Experience in fast-paced, iterative design environments such as consumer internet or mobile applications/gaming industries
- Start-up experience a plus
- Skills and Attributes:
- Interest in customer-first mentality with focus on recovery before diagnosis but ensuring sufficient information is available to properly diagnose.
- Preference to build self-healing and self-monitoring systems with a drive to minimize or eliminate the on-call needs of operations
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Interests in driving to infrastructure-as-code and container orchestration
Symphony is the cloud-based messaging and collaboration platform that connects markets, organizations and individuals, securely. Powered by an open and growing app ecosystem, and protected with customer-owned encryption keys, Symphony’s communication platform increases workflow productivity while maintaining global regulatory compliance. Already the platform of choice for the financial services industry, Symphony eliminates inefficient workflows to boost productivity in information-driven businesses. Founded in October 2014 and headquartered in Palo Alto, CA, the company has offices in New York, Hong Kong, Singapore and London.
Symphony has raised $233 million from the world’s largest financial institutions and recognized investors such as Bank of America - Merrill Lynch, Citibank, Goldman Sachs, JP Morgan Chase, BlackRock, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, HSBC, Wells Fargo, UBS, Société Générale as well as Google.
We’re looking for top-notch talent to join our team to help us change the way the world communicates. If you have the skills and savvy to work with a world-class team and an appetite for game-changing disruption, we want to hear from you!
BENEFITS AND PERKS*:
- Medical, dental, and vision coverage
- 401(K) plan
- Life and AD&D coverage
- Short-term and long-term disability coverage
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account benefits
- Unlimited vacation and sick time
- Fully stocked kitchen and catered or reimbursed lunches
- Discounted gym memberships
- Many other fun and exciting benefits and activities!
- Competitive salary
- Bonus Plan