Organizational Development ( OD ) Consultant / Program Manager
Overview - External:
FM Global is a leading property insurer of the world's largest businesses, providing more than one-third of FORTUNE 1000-size companies with engineering-based risk management and property insurance solutions. FM Global helps clients maintain continuity in their business operations by drawing upon state-of-the-art loss-prevention engineering and research; risk management skills and support services; tailored risk transfer capabilities; and superior financial strength. To do so, we rely on a dynamic, culturally diverse group of employees, working in more than 100 countries, in a variety of challenging roles.
Responsibilities - External:
As a senior level individual contributor, this position partners with the Human Resources (HR) team and business leaders to align strategic employee development initiatives with the business and drive continuous employee engagement. The position will plan, design, develop and deliver talent management initiatives, including those related to organization design, leadership development, employee engagement and change management. The position provides global employee engagement and retention strategies including managing the employee engagement survey, works with the HR team to understand business requirements and develop or customize programs for local implementation), and manages assigned talent management programs. The incumbent participates in assessment and coaching of individuals and will assist in expanding throughout the company to targeted individuals.
- Manages employee engagement survey program including working with vendor. Leads internal project team. Works with executive management to analyze survey results, identify trends and make recommendations to improve and maintain high employee engagement. Influences high-level stakeholders without direct authority.
- Designs and implements global talent management, organizational change and development initiatives and practices related to employee engagement, leadership development, change management and organization design that support the corporate business strategy and plan.
- Works with business leaders and HRmanagers to assess talent management/leadership development needs (e.g. team building), works with internal and external (third party) resources to design, develop, deliver and evaluate programs.
- Manages Nine Box program globally including strategy and tools, follow-up and integration into the organization’s overall talent management strategy. Co-facilitates Nine Box sessions, partnering with HRmanagers.
- Develops and implements an internal coaching practice, building on current OD practice and capabilities, to accelerate development for high potential employees who are potential future leaders in the organization.
- Assist OD manager with leadership development programs for all leader levels.
- Understands the dynamics of the business; drives performance and career management practices and processes to build bench strength and create an effective organization.
- Benchmarks external leading practices and incorporates into design of talent management solutions where appropriate.
- Identifies internal trends (e.g. exit survey, retentionreports) and recommends strategies to address gaps, utilizing organization development tools.
- Acts as a project manager for medium to large complex projects with high
Qualifications - External:
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or equivalent work experience. SPHR or SHRM-SCP desired.
- 8-10 years of OD experience, HRBP experience a plus.
- Knowledge and/or experience with organizational development and talent management processes, practices and tools (e.g. employee engagement surveys, leadership assessment and coaching).
- Effective hands-on research and project management in a matrix management environment are critical to success.
- Ability to effectively coach employees and all levels of management.
- Ability to create a compelling business case and influence senior management to adopt recommended approaches and programs.
- Demonstrated facilitation and presentation skills.