About the Opportunity:
Responsible for the efficient and profitable operation of the facility, facility compliance with Kindred policies and State and Federal rules and regulations, and providing the highest quality of care possible.
- Leads planning process to develop goals for quality care, employee retention and financial performance.
- Manages the day-to-day operations of the facility.
- Directs the hiring and training of personnel.
- Prepares annual budgets for approval by Senior Regional Management.
- Directs and guides the activities of clinical, administrative and service departments.
- Implements control systems to ensure accountability of all departments.
- Represents facility at community meetings and promotes programs through various news media.
- Monitors performance for achievement of goals and for improvement, and takes corrective action when necessary.
- Responsible for census development/marketing
- Ensures all employees receive orientation and ongoing training to meet the quality goals of the organization.
- Serves as the facilitys Equal Employment Opportunity Coordinator.
- Assists in drafting the facilitys Affirmative Action Plan (AAP) and ensures that all employees are trained in and adhere to the principles of the AAP.
- Acts as chairperson of the facilitys Performance Improvement Committee.
- Functions as Compliance Liaison and ensures that Compliance Program and Corporate Compliance Agreement (CCA) requirements are met in the facility, including the following: Provides leadership and support related to compliance activities monitors and ensures execution of the Compliance Program and CCA requirements develops and distributes written compliance-related materials ensures the provision and documentation of appropriate training ensures the appropriate distribution of internal and external auditreports and the monitoring of corrective action related to such reports or other identified compliance-related issues ensures proper reporting and responses to compliance-related issues monitors facilities staff in the execution of their compliance-related functions supervises staff at each operational level who assist the Compliance Liaison in fulfilling compliance functions and certifies annually that all plans of correction related to identified problems in facilities or Kindred operations for which they are responsible, have been implemented and that all Compliance Program concerns have been reported.
- BS in health care administration, business administration, finance, a clinical specialty or equivalent long term care experience.
- Licensed by the state or eligible for reciprocity
- Two years experience as a licensed Executive Director in a long term care facility or completion of an AIT program.
- Knowledge of Long Term Care and Medicaid and Medicare regulations and standards.
- Knowledge of cost reporting, profit and loss and budget compliance.
- Ability to work with a large staff and diverse client base.
- Ability to be flexible in work hours.
- Ability to communicate effectively with residents and their family members, and at all levels of the organization.
- Skilled in directing and motivating the workforce.
- Ability to react decisively and quickly in emergency situations.
- Ability to organize and prioritize.
Job Number: 311879