We are looking for a Civil Engineer with 10+ years of experience in site development who will be in a lead/manage role on a 2 to 5 person design team.
The position will require the candidate to be involved with all aspects of Civil Site Projects – proposals, scheduling, zoning research, design, and permitting for a variety of projects including, but not limited to, residential, commercial, and retail sites throughout the Midwest.
Additional responsibilities will include:
- Consults with clients to determine site requirements and provides information regarding design, specifications, materials, equipment, estimated costs and approval time.
- Leads and/or provides support for the development of project proposals.
- Defines project tasks, schedule and resource requirements.
- Establishes goals for the projects and assists with achievement of QA/QC goals.
- Provides leadership and management of the day-to-day operational activities for the preparation of civil engineering / site work design drawings and specifications.
- Coordinates with project architects, landscape architects, geo-technical engineers, and other technical staff for project development and project delivery.
- Manages project budget and analyzes project profitability, revenue, margins, billing rates and utilization.
- Facilitates team meetings with project team and evaluates the project.
- Prepares client-billing information on assigned projects and manages collections on outstanding accounts receivable balances.
- Identifies additional scope and revenue opportunities that relate to the project and participates in business development activities.
- Prepares and/or reviews and signs project contracts, change orders, and manages project scope in general.
- Provides on-going communication with the client related to the project.
- Mentors staff and cultivates strong working relationships with clients.
- Performs other duties assigned
Formal Education, Licenses and Certifications
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Michigan P.E. License or ability to obtain
Knowledge and Experience
- 5 years of project management experience. Healthcare Education, Residential, Commercial or Industrial land development project experience is preferred.
- 10 years of relevant civil engineering experience in site development including site layout, grading, sewer and other utility design, pavement design, permitting, budgeting, jurisdictional agency interaction, and all other aspects of site development for a wide variety of project types.
- Working knowledge of codes, regulations, and standards applicable to the design and construction of major site development projects in Michigan.
- Working knowledge of typical computer software programs used for civil engineering design and management (AutoCAD, Microstation, Microsoft Office, etc.)