The Software Developer will be a key contributor to the design, development, and maintenance of major and minor projects in the Web Systems project portfolio. The software developer requires the ability to learn and apply a variety of technologies to build software solutions. The position requires the ability to successfully partner with other developers in an agile team environment to deliver and maintain projects in an enterprise environment.
The Software Developer must be comfortable participating in all phases of the software development lifecycle for multiple projects simultaneously as well as display exceptional communication skills to technical and non-technical team members. The successful candidate will have an entrepreneurial and team-oriented passion.
The teammate in this position will be part of a team building high-performing, scalable, enterprise-grade applications working on all levels of applications, from daily reports to mission-critical applications. This position will be responsible for primarily Java-based application development while providing expertise in the full software development lifecycle, from concept and design to testing.
- Assist with maintaining existing applications and designing new application features
- Write new application code
- Assist in improving the automated build system
- Assist with maintaining and improving the Team’s continuous-integration (CI) environment
- Ensure designs are in compliance with specifications
- Prepare and produce releases of software components
- Effectively and competently interact and communicate with entire team
- Help the team engage in a continual process of improvement by forwarding and fostering fresh, new ideas
- Be entrepreneurial and creative in seeking out new ways/technologies that can assist the team in meeting its goals
- Self-motivated with ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative team environment
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Experience with IDE and Version Control systems
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or other discipline is preferred
- A minimum 1-2 years of previous experience in software development in a professional environment is preferred