Crown Equipment Corporation is a leading innovator in world-class forklift and material handling equipment and technology. As one of the world’s largest lift truck manufacturers, we are committed to providing the customer with the safest, most efficient and ergonomic lift truck possible to lower their total cost of ownership.
- Responsible for leading, organizing, and coordinating all engineering activities needed to maintain design quality, productivity, and timeliness for all product models assigned. This position reports to the Chief Engineer of Current Products Group.
- Product Leadership - Lead the engineering management of the cross functional Product Team to improve product warranty, product features, product customer acceptance, product change management, product safety and compliance, and product cost management. Ultimate responsibility for product integrity and compliance through the application of sound engineering principles. Visit customers to review product applications. Perform competitor product analysis and compare to Crown products.
- Review and report Product and Project status - Evaluate product and project status to ensure proper resources are used and to ensure task and project quality, timeliness and direction. Communicate status to Engineering department supervisors. Meet with management and staff to resolve product engineering design issues.
- Coordinate with other Departments - Communicate with staff and management from other departments to coordinate efforts and schedule with regard to design, development, and testing of components and systems to maintain product production and complete projects. Visit suppliers and manufacturing sites to review process capabilities and ability to meet product requirements.
- Supervise Engineering Product Team staff - Establish priority and scope of work. Communicate objectives and expectations to engineering project team. Delegate workload to assigned personnel. Give direction, manage project activities, and answer questions to ensure results and schedules are met. Lead, coach, and monitor staff quality of work, productivity, and technical skills. Develop staff and perform staff Talent Development reviews. Recommend training as required for staff growth.
- Bachelordegree in Mechanical Engineering or related field and six years of experience in product development environment
- Working knowledge of product series in lift truck design and mobile equipment design
- Good written, verbal, organizational, and interpersonal skills
- Basic understanding of electrical, hydraulic, software, and systems integration preferred
- Project management and supervisory experiencepreferred