NEW OPPORTUNITY ANNOUNCED FOR A GROWING HOME HEALTH CARE COMPANY IN LOUISVILLE!
Almost Family, Inc. (NASDAQ: AFAM) is a leading provider of home health nursing, rehabilitation and personal care services. For over 40 years, we have developed a culture that fosters innovation, clinical excellence, and integrity.
Almost Family, Inc. was founded in 1976 in Louisville, KY and operates as 30 companies with over 340 locations in 28 states. Almost Family, Inc. and its subsidiaries operate four segments:
- Visiting Nurse, or VN, which provides skilled nursing and physical, occupational and speech therapy services primarily to Medicare beneficiaries
- Personal Care, or PC, which provides custodial and personal care services
- Hospital Partnership Division: a joint venture with hospitals to provide home health and hospice services
- Health Care Innovations: an industry-leading segment investing in companies that will support traditional home care businesses and position company for new payment models
We believe in the importance of local recognition and seek to maintain and support the various trade names we operate under that have developed a reputation for high quality care among patients, referral sources and employees in their local communities. We maintain quality and consistency across locations and regions through our company “Mission, Vision, and Values”, which train our caregivers to look beyond the obvious needs of patients to be advocates for their physical, mental, and emotional needs, with the ultimate outcome of allowing them to age in place.
POSITION SUMMARY: The Hospice Clinical Director is responsible for partnering with regional and branch leadership to lead and educate on best practices to achieve excellent clinical outcomes among hospice patients. The Clinical Director will be the subject matter expert on hospice regulations and will work with the Regulatory Department to ensure that our policies, processes and Homecare Homebase (HCHB) is updated as regulations and programs are introduced.
Assist Regulatory Department to develop and maintain Hospice policy/procedure for organization.
Subject Matter Expert for Federal and State Hospice Regulations in the states that the organization provides Hospice services.
In collaboration with Education Director, prepare educational resources for Hospice agencies to maintain regulatory compliance.
Oversight, planning and coordination of quality/performance improvement with agency leaders when deficiencies are identified. Ensure agencies quality program is comprehensive and implemented in compliance with all licensing, and regulatory requirements.
Identify and evaluate process improvement opportunities related to documentation and clinical processes. Communicate findings to Leadership for development.
Identifies and directs implementation of practices to improve outcomes and customer satisfaction.
Assists, monitors and evaluates the development of hospice programs/protocols (ie: Palliative care).
Review, revise and maintain HCHB workflow, assessment, forms, and pathways to ensure regulatory requirements are met, as well as gained efficiencies for end users.
HIS education, development and support.
Evaluation of current HQRP data.
Monthly review and trending of HQRP outcomes and data specific to service line.
Develop HQRP scorecard and reporting.
Provide agency support during survey for state and Accreditation Organization survey events for Hospice.
Coordinate and support Accreditation Director for Hospice service line.
Review/Evaluate Hospice agency corrective action plans, mentor staff in appropriate completion of CAP.
Plan, prioritize, organize and complete work to meet established objectives.
Should be good steward of all agency financial resources, including but not limited to arrangements for equipment and other necessary items and services needed.
Follows corporate/agency/departmental policies and procedures.
Maintains confidentiality of patients and agency information.
Adheres to and directs agencies in clinical operational activities to assure compliance with Federal/State guidelines rules, regulations, statutes, and law.
Leads team in superior customer service with internal and external customers.
Assist agency with clinical leadership, onboarding, and education.
Develops collaborative relationship with operational leadership in implementing operational, clinical and quality goals and objectives.
Develops and maintains relationships including effective communication with agency staff to facilitate problem identification and resolution while maintaining confidentiality.
Acts as a resource for agency management and provides support to clinical, operational, reimbursement and regulatory components.
1. Registered Nurserequired. BSN preferred. Must possess valid license in a state of organizational operations.
2. CHPN certification preferred.
3. 5years or greater of Hospice experience; 1year of management experience is preferred.
4. Knowledge in federal and state requirements/regulations.
5. Working knowledge of Homecare Homebase (HCHB) strongly preferred.
6. Knowledge of Homecare Homebase (HCHB) and documentation requirements for Hospice.
7. Knowledge in survey and accreditation standards for Hospice.
8. Experience in clinical support to Hospice agencies.
9. Knowledge of HIS/HQRP.
10. Knowledge of Hospice QAPI.
11. Proficient in the use of a PC, web-based portals, and Microsoft Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, Power Point and Word).
12. Required national travel approximately 50% to assigned agencies; corporate office remaining 50%.
13. Flexibility required with travel commitments.
14. Must be self-directed and motivated.
15. Strong attention to details, accurate.
16. Ability to prioritize work, meet deadlines, handle multiple projects and work under pressure in a cooperative work environment.
17. Strong interpersonal skills.
18. Excellent ability to retrieve, communicate and present information both verbally and in writing.
19. Valid driver’s license and automobile insurance.
Almost Family, Inc offers a competitive salary and benefits package that helps safe guard your health and well- being, and provides savings options for you and your family. We offer the following benefits to full time employees:
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Life and Accidental Death Insurance
- Voluntary Short-Term & Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Flexible Spending Accounts (Medical & Dependent Care)
- Paid vacation, sick days, holidays and personal time
- 401-k Retirement Plan
JOIN OUR FAMILY...
YOU'LL FEEL RIGHT AT HOME!