Director of Operations - Inpatient Services
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
Serve as primary resource to hospital C-Suite, FMC Program Managers and personnel regarding clinical questions; survey preparedness; Acute Care Electronic System (ACES); and all Inpatient Services processes implementation and maintenance.
Acts as the Inpatient Services expert who provides the required direction and support to their direct reports to secure a profitable high and quality Inpatient Services within the assigned business unit(s).
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide strategic leadership of short- and long-term goals through the use of thoughtful techniques in the communication of the company’s mission and core values as a means to implement positive change and/or create organizational structure within IPS:
- Lead operational efforts through subordinates to complete the administration of business processes and services to ensure the operations effective achievement of goals within the assigned business unit(s).
- Direct and control the broad activities of the business unit(s) through the interpretation, application and implementation of company-wide policies and processes appropriate to the functional area(s).
- Ensure that budgets and schedules are within company requirements with significant organizational responsibility for the overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, expense priority management, and recommendation and implementation changes of current methods.
- Review and comply with the Code of Business Conduct and all applicable company policies and procedures, local, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Responsibilities for Acute Care Electronic System (ACES) include the following:
- Has an in-depth knowledge on how to obtain and use the information from ACES to impact the team’s focus to meet targets and change practice or process to increase the quality of service being provided to the customers.
- In-depth review with direct reports on the data retrieved from ACES to identify areas for improvement e.g. Compliance, Billing, and Quality Indicators.
- Utilization of data to better understand their business unit(s) opportunities, develop a plan of action, and implementation with their direct reports.
- Partner with the all key departments to secure direct report’s success in their Inpatient Services Business:
- Education Coordinators are part of the weekly (daily if needed) communication for successful training of all staff.
- Regional Quality Managers are to attend QAI meetings, assist with survey preparedness, and will be available during inspection.
- BioMed to attend QAI meetings, review of reports, assist with customer preparation for surveys and will be available during inspections.
- Requires the ability to influence and gain acceptance from others in sensitive situations, without damage to the relationship. Regularly interacts with senior management or executive levels on matters concerning several functional areas, divisions, and/or customers.
- Interaction with the C-Suite:
- Meet with the hospital C-Suite quarterly or more often if required.
- Ability to have crucial conversation to secure a strong long term relationship and influence desired outcomes.
- Support direct reports in preparation for customer QAI meetings.
- Responds and communicates during the survey audits.
- Interacts frequently with Medical Director, internal departments and external customers/vendors; particularly in problem resolution. Responsible for hiring, coaching and counseling employees, including performance reviews, disciplinary action and terminations.
- Provide technical guidance.
- Assist with various projects as assigned.
- Other duties as assigned.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS AND WORKING CONDITIONS:
The physical demands and work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel up to 60% locally and regionally.
Program Managers subordinate supervisors and/or predominately exempt staff. May also oversee Charge Nurses on occasion.
Bachelor’s Degree required; Advanced Degree preferred
RN degree desired.
EXPERIENCE AND REQUIRED SKILLS:
- 6+ years’ related experience preferred.
- 3+ years’ experience as a Manager; or 3+ years’ experience in a senior managerial role.
- Demonstrated experience managing one or more departments.
- Strong Business Acumen.
- Strong management skills with the ability to lead cohesive and productive teams.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate with all levels of management through diplomacy and tact.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Job ID 17000R3Z