Reporting to the Global Sales Director – Memcor Segment, this manager will have the dual responsibilities of an acting Technical Sales Manager for their territory (Canada) as well as leading/managing the North American Capital sales team. Responsibilities will include: developing, implementing, and executing sales plans, tactics, processes, and programs for the North American Memcor business. Experience with competitive products to support retrofit opportunities is required. The successful candidate will be accountable for Capital in North America which will also require the regular interaction with the appropriate Product Managers and Application Engineers. This position will oversee 3-4reports in the North America and also provide oversight for the Manufacturer’s Representative network engaged by Memcor.
The primary responsibilities will be:
- Manage, coach, and support Technical/Capital Sales force, North America
- Drive and manage the creation of “Capture Plans” and the associated sales strategy from project discovery through to advocating and finally proposal phases. This includes but is not limited to relationship, technical and pricing strategies.
- Manage “Thrive” forecasting and reports and communicate on a weekly basis with finance.
- Communicate with factory and participate in monthly S&OP manufacturing forecasting meetings.
- Build retrofit market potential through assigning targets and opportunities to sales force.
- Communicate and coordinate with Aftermarket Manager where support and combined efforts are required.
- Drive and Manage, Manufacturer’s Representative network through Capital sales force including annual target and initiative goal setting as well as performance ranking.
- Travel in territory as well as occasionally with sales team to support building of internal and external relationships while promoting the Memcor brand as well as opportunities to travel with to coach and evaluate both sales team and Manufacturer’s Representative Network.
- Recommend and implement strategic and tactical sales initiatives necessary to achieve Growth objectives.
- Proactively develop annual sales projections and forecasts, striving for results that meet or exceed Memcor’s Strategic Plan targets
- Aggressively pursue Revenue growth and develop new relationships required to do so
- Proactively drive use and accuracy of Thrive CRM or similar tools to drive Sales efficiency and transparency
- Provide feedback from customers – work proactively with Product Management to define customer requirements, identify new products and coordinate new product releases
- Contribute to business model development and propose strategic partnerships
- Supportthe execution of projects with technical staff and contribute to team effort as needed
The successful candidate will have been directly involved in the Municipal water and wastewater industry, and will have had sales and business development responsibilities, preferably in or closely related to MF/UF membrane technologies. Key market segments include Drinking Water, Water Reuse, Desal Pretreatment, Wastewater, Industrial Process Water, and Industrial Wastewater.
Education and Qualifications:
- BS in Engineering or other technical discipline required
- Advanced degree (MBA or similar) strongly preferred
- 10+ years of technical sales and management experience in the Municipal market, strong preference for direct MF/UF Membrane experience
- Proven track record of Sales exceeding Bookings and Revenue targets
- Strong negotiation skills and understanding of commercial terms in Municipal and EPC procurement processes
- Must have experience in effectively managing technical and aftermarket sales professionals, as well as Manufacturers Representatives
- Must have solid leadership skills within a complex, matrix environment
- Proven financial acumen, margin analysis, and understanding P&L impact of sales initiatives
- Compliance with all relevant Safety and work rules and regulations
- Continuously strives to be technically competent and current in new developments in relevant fields
- Proven capability to develop and administer Sales and Technical training both internally and externally
- Preferred home office – Tewksbury, MA, USA or Evoqua Toronto Canada; Remote location considered for the most highly qualified and experienced candidates
- Ability to travel, in North America, up to 50% of the time on average
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization, and computer skills