There are 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050, there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we’re all about at John Deere. And it’s why we’re investing in our people and our technology like never before in our 175-year history. Here the world’s brightest minds are tackling the world’s biggest challenges. If you believe one person can make the world a better place, we’ll put you to work. RIGHT NOW.
Primary Location: United States (US) - Iowa (US-IA) - Waterloo
Function: Product Engineering
Title: Engine Controls Development Senior Engineer - 30546
As an Engine Controls Development Senior Engineer, for John Deere Power Systems, you will develop engine controls system hardware (sensors, ECU, actuators). You will work on complex engine controls system modeling and simulation. In addition you will:
- Plan, lead and develop Engine Controls system models.
- Support engine controls simulation and development efforts.
*** U.S. visa sponsorship is available for the role. ***
What Skills You Need
- Four (4) or more years of experience with embedded system electronics hardware and/or software development.
What Makes You Stand Out
Other areas of experience or interest that will help us place you on the right team include:
- Experience with model-based engine controls software development.
- Experience with engine controls systems development.
- Experience with AUTOSAR Complex Device Drivers (CDD) development.
- Experience with embedded controls device driver development.
- Experience with AUTOSAR I/O hardware abstraction.
- Experience with ST microprocessor software development.
- Experience with Mathworks tools including MatLab, and Simulink.
Ideally, you will have a degree or equivalent work experience in the following:
- Bachelors of Science in Electrical or Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline.
- Master’s degree in Electrical or Computer Engineering or other relevant technical discipline desired.
What You'll Get
At John Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to where you want to go. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement. We offer comprehensive relocation and reward packages to help you get started on your new career path. Click here to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.
The information contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.
John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, among other things, race, religion, color, national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified individual with disability.
Job Segment: Controls Engineer, Developer, Electronics Engineer, Engineer, Electrical, Engineering, Technology.