Our Technology and Administration Solutions business provides benefits administration and outsourcing solutions to many of the world’s leading organizations. Our purpose is to help our clients’ employees realize the full potential of their benefits; helping them be happier, healthier and more secure.
- The International Association of Outsourcing Professionals (IAOP) has named Willis Towers Watson a leader on the Global Outsourcing 100 since 2011.
- Everest Research named Willis Towers Watson a Star Performer in the Leaders category in 2016 and has recognized Willis Towers Watson as an industry leader since 2010.
- Fortune magazine ranked Willis Towers Watson number one in the diversified outsourcing industry on its annual World’s Most Admired Companies list in 2015.
- Willis Towers Watson has been listed on Fortune magazine’s World’s Most Admired Companies list since 2012.
As a Business Analyst, you will serve a key role for our pension administration outsourcing business by serving as the link between consultants, external clients and our internal team of system developers. You will contribute to the implementation of new services, and ongoing business by translating business needs into actionable programming and process steps for developers, practicing the fundamentals of systems analysis, design, and testing.
Note that this role will involve some travel to client sites and other Towers Watson offices.
A Few Select Responsibilities:
- Establishes and maintains relationships with Pension Administration Team and outsourced clients.
- Participate in client and internal planning meetings for all assigned projects; apply systems and business knowledge and proactively propose solutions for problems or system performance issues.
- Effectively gather and document system requirements (while remaining cognizant of scope) by asking probing and clarifying questions, sharing best practices, and organizing client provided information and business rules.
- Translate business requirements into technical specifications for application using standard documentation templates.
- Develop reports, exhibits, and other system application tools for clients using established Practice standards.
- Utilize technology (SQL, Access, Excel, text editors…) to identify and isolate issues, analyze data, uncover root causes, and automate solutions.
- Create, maintain, and use test plans, including identifying comprehensive test scenarios, finding test cases, and developing expected results, for each component/change.
- Ownership of issues through to closure including involving other team members and escalating to the client and team leads when needed.
- 5 or more years of experience as a Business Analyst or Systems Analyst
- MUST HAVE pension and broad benefit plan design experience
- Prior experience as a business analyst in a consulting environment preferred
- Experience with relational databases including SQL, Oracle or Access
- SQL and Excel Data Skills
- Experience with test plan creation, testing procedures, and test plan execution
- Strong analytical, integrative and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Solid interpersonal skills and client service orientation
- Ability to work both independently and in collaboration with others, including virtual work teams with members in different geographic regions
- Strong organizational abilities and flexibility to recognize and shift focus to the highest priority tasks or support others on high priority work. Familiarity with agile processes and tools is beneficial.
- Sense of accountability, owning one’s work and taking pride in it; commitment to quality and continuous improvement
- Desire to learn, accept new challenges, and have fun
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in business, management information systems, human resources management, benefits administration or related field
- Ability to travel and work extended hours as needed