Eastside Medical Center has been a healthcare leader for more than 37years providing quality care to patients in Gwinnett and surrounding counties. Eastside is a 310-bed, multi-campus system of care offering comprehensive medical and surgical programs including cardiovascular, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, rehabilitation, maternity with neonatal intensive care, behavioral health, bariatric, and 24-hour emergency care.
Chest Pain Center
Our experienced cardiologists offer comprehensive heart care including treatment of coronary artery disease, heart attacks, heart failure and heart rhythm abnormalities as well as offering preventative care for those at risk of heart disease.
Heart specialists when you need it most
Eastside is an Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI from the Society of Chest Pain Centers – the highest national accreditation possible for emergency heart care. When minutes matter, we’re equipped to quickly treat heart attacks close to home.
We are hiring a Cath Lab Manager!
• Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
• Promotes customer service initiatives along with Eastside Medical Center Service Values.
• Documents patient care appropriately.
• Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and procedures.
• Promotes compliance with National Patient Safety Goals.
• Assumes responsibility for management of unit (24hrs/day).
• Assumes responsibility for employee, physician and patient satisfaction.
• Responsible for quality of care delivered within department.
• Provides leadership, coaching and counseling to department employees.
• Collaborates with other disciplines and departments to improve patient care delivery.
• Identifies and refers issues to administrative director as appropriate.
• Functions as clinical resource for staff.
• Functions as liaison to patients, families, staff and physicians.
• Assists with development/revision of policies and procedures.
• Completes departmental competencies.
• Responsible for departmental schedule.
• Coordinates internal/external staff education.
• Completes evaluations and monitors certifications.
• Organizes new and/or transfer employee orientation.
• Assists with daily operations, including staffing, scheduling, and productivity management.
• Serves as a backup for the Administrative Director during his/her absence.
• Maintains compliance with TJC, HCA Quality Management, OSHA, CMS and all other appropriate standards or a encies.
• Serves as a task force leader for project implementation for key initiatives and programs.
• Monitors and analyzes current activities to determine business development value.
• Coordinates with Administrative Director and COO Service initiatives to create awareness of new programs and se rvices.
• Sets example with staff for proper use of sick time, leave time and taking corrective action to prevent recurring a sences.
• Performs and completes assignments while providing consistent quantity and quality of work and helps set an example for staff.
• Attends seminars / workshops related to role in and out of the hospital when given the opportunity.
• Actively attends in-services and educational programs.
• Serves as EMS clinical liaison for education, protocol development and case reviews.
• Assumes responsibility for on-going professional development with EMS.
• Maintains current BLS certification and ACLS as required.
• Any other duties as assigned.
• Associatedegree in Health Sciences - preferred
• RCIS/NASPE Certification - preferred
• Minimum of five (5) years clinical experience
• Minimum of 3-5years nursing management experience - preferred
• Certification in Nursing Leadership - preferred
• BLS - American Heart Association -required
• ACLS - required within 60 days of hire or transfer
Job Code: 08621-10416