The mission of the Software Analyst is to study the software application and identify the need of the software users to the developers as well as perform business analysis and research and assist with testing, training and system configuration activities.
Essential Activities Performed
- Gathers, documents, and analyzes customer requirements
- Defines application requirements/issues by consulting with users and evaluating system data flow diagrams
- Works with development team to develop a custom software solution that meets the customer’s needs
- Prepares technical specifications for developers and QA
- Develops software testing plans
- Develops test scenarios
- Confirms test plan coverage with project team
- Helps test and regression-test the application
- Provides configuration assistance to developers
- Assists Software Project Manager with day-to-day administrative duties, particularly related to daily standups, status meetings, planning sessions, etc.
Key Capabilities for Success in this Role
- Critical Thinking
Identify the best path by evaluating multiple options.
- Problem Solver
Ability to handle problems by developing multiple solutions and recommendations, and executing the approved recommendations.
Ability to document requirements, test scenarios, and key findings for other team members to be able to understand.
During conversations, demonstrates a consultative approach by listening, documenting, identifying issues, analysis and providing recommendations.
- Strong Interpersonal Skills
Strong interpersonal skills with a service-oriented mindset who can work well within a team but can also work independently.
- Required Supervision
Demonstrates capabilities with moderate supervision.
Minimum Requirements – Education, Skill & Abilities:
- Associates Degree in Business, MIS, or Computer Science
- 1-2years business analysis experience in Dynamics 365 (CRM) or custom application development
- Experience with software development concepts and methodologies
- Ability to manage multiple tasks simultaneously to meet deadlines
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications and Visio
- Experience with data mapping and modeling techniques
- Excellent communication and relationship building skills
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- Strong time management and organizational skills
- Experience working in a virtual environment
- Valid Driver’s License required
Preferred Requirements – Education, Skills & Abilities
- Microsoft Dynamics 365 Certification
- Agile Certification preferred
- Team Foundation Server / VSTS experience a plus
- Knowledge of software testing methodologies and tools a plus
- Experience creating SQL Query a plus
- Experience in Microsoft Project a plus
- Office/Home Environment or Customer Site
- Up to 30 % travel dependent on practice and geography of project assignment. May include overnight or additional driving time.