Bloomberg Media’s overall strategy is to be the leading, next-generation media company for global business by creating a portfolio of digitally-led, multi-platform brands that broaden Bloomberg’s core audience beyond its traditional finance roots, towards global business.
Bloomberg Businessweek is at the centerpiece of that strategy. The brand carries the DNA of Bloomberg News – factual, reliable, credible, authoritative, lightning-fast journalism at a global scale and of Businessweek - with the hallmark design and deep, insightful, sharp reporting. Bloomberg Media has already achieved strong growth in overall revenue across multiple platforms including TV, digital, radio, and event sponsorships. A key focus area for 2017 is on scaling readership and revenue from Bloomberg’s subscription products – including Bloomberg Businessweek, Briefs, and Markets magazines.
The Consumer Subscription Business, within the Bloomberg Media group, is seeking a proven, highly-motivated marketer to drive the overall web acquisition strategy. You’ll need to be flexible, and be comfortable working in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. You can work with cross-functional teams, and balance multiple priorities. You’re a creative, innovative thinker who consistently stays on top of the latest digital trends and brings new “out of the box” ideas to the table. Are you up for the challenge?
We’ll trust you to:
- Develop and execute innovative marketing strategies to drive traffic to the site, improve site conversion, and ultimately scale paid subscription
- Provide vision and thoughtful approach to acquisition messaging, and the overall web customer experience
- Create test and learn plans that pull prospects through the on-site marketing funnel and drive subscription revenue
- Lead search marketing efforts to drive site traffic and conversions
- Collaborate with internal partners and external vendors to build thoughtful plans across the .Comexperience
- Ideate and implement strategies, campaigns, and test plans to drive subscriptions through search and the Businessweek web pages
- Lead innovations and execute optimizations across on-site marketing messaging, site personalization, and enhancements to the digital customer experience
- Develop SEM campaigns and drive profitable results across Google, Bing, Yahoo, etc.
- Conduct SEO optimizations in concert with paid search program, and in collaboration with Bloomberg.com Product Managers
- Keep a close eye on web and search performance metrics, identify insights, allocate investment dollars to the highest ROI opportunities; evaluate results in the context of broader business goals, and make recommendations on how to move the business forward
- Locate and measure strategic opportunities with new vendors to enhance campaign performance; on board and manage related agency or vendor partners
- Curate meaningful insights through research and share the recommendations with leadership
- Maintain marketing campaign calendars that sync with the customer experience, editorial calendar, and monthly goals
- Launch new initiatives working with various internal teams; product, technologies, analytics, editorial, design, marketing, etc.
- Adapt, learn quickly - and be resourceful!
You’ll need to have:
- 5 to 7 years of experience in a digital marketing role with specific experience in web conversion, analytics and search marketing
- Experience building, managing, optimizing, reporting and analyzing web and/or search campaigns
- Advanced analytical and quantitative skills with a demonstrated ability to interpret and leverage data to drive decision making
- Experience managing end-to-end digital customer experiences, and using data to drive product and customer journey enhancements
- Experience with campaign tracking, tagging, web testing, and marketing analytics tools such as Google Analytics, Omniture, Optimizely, etc.
- Ability to use HTML code in a marketing capacity
- Worked with AdWords - certification a plus
- Created and implemented disruptive marketing strategies and programs to drive brand differentiation and break through the clutter
- Understanding of how media is consumed in today’s world and how we can create added value to drive engagement with our products
- Strong collaboration and influencing skills, with the ability to successfully partner with multiple stakeholders
- Strategic thought leadership, and strong communication skills with a comfort in crafting and delivering presentations
- An entrepreneurial mind-set and desire to be a flexible team player
Requisition No. 62896