Job Title: Senior Project Manager with Airline Domain
Location: Atlanta, GA
Duration: FULL TIME
Below is the Job Description.
The Senior Project Manager position is to provide direction and leadership to project team members for small-to-large sized application and/or infrastructure projects up to $20 Million dollars that are moderate to high complexity. The Project Manager will ensure project results contribute positive business value and meets agreed upon scope, cost, schedule and quality business results. The Project Manager acts as a change agent for Delta IT, provides program / project management methodology fundamentals and expertise.
· Directs the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring, controlling and close of an entire project
· Ability to contribute and champion usage of structured project management methodology (to include Waterfall, Agile/Scrum, Iterative, etc.)
· Knowledge of application and / or infrastructure development life cycle (SDLC) and other technical management concept, processes, and methodologies
· Lead team members in achieving desired deliverable creation outcomes
· Possess IT and formal program/project management knowledge as well as ability to prioritize work and meet deadlines based on logical work breakdown structures aligned to critical path
· Manage project dependencies, milestones, and critical path
· Analyze, manage, and report project performance – financialreporting, resource allocation, task delegation and stakeholder management
· Analyze multiple types and sources of information to generate insight on project performance
· Ability to provide financial forecast and on-going reconciliation of resources and other project related expenditures
· Demonstrate financial awareness to control costs and think in terms of profit, loss, and added value.
· Help Stakeholders, IT Portfolio Teams, Business Partners and Business Users understand their roles and responsibilities within the project
· Develops and executes an overall project schedule, including tasks, duration, dependencies, and resource assignments
· Controls and tracks changes to scope, time, cost, quality, issues, and risk
· Leads completion of project objective, such as procurement, quality planning, service level agreements, and customer training
· Requests the needed resources for a project and gets them oriented to work on the project
· Ensures product deliverables’ quality, such as functional specifications, logical and physical data design, solution design and detailed design, test plans, and completed solution
· Manages vendor relationships according to contract terms and conditions
· Obtains appropriate stage-gate approvals from business and IT sponsor
Leadership & Business Acumen:
· Key industry certifications such as CAPM, PMP, PgM, etc., preferred
· Previous airline, travel, and / or transportation industry experience preferred
· Strong track record managing and executing IT projects and formal project management knowledge
· Experience with stakeholder management, working with stakeholders to confirm understanding before drawing conclusions
· Effective communication with cross functional project team, gaining trust and building consensus
· Ensures team understands the business benefits of the project and connects the project to the broader organizational goals
· Evaluates risks, assess possible outcomes and solves problems
· Manages vendor relationships according to contract terms and conditions and works with vendors as needed
· Resolves issues in a timely manner.
· When appropriate, escalate problems and issues to stakeholders and sponsor
· Monitors individual performance, maintains team morale and provides feedback to resource managers
· Strong interpersonal skills, with ability to work in a team environment
· Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to make effective presentations and communicate technical concepts to non-technical clients
· Exceptional planning, organizational and leadership skills and ability to direct the work of others
· Ability to direct the work of others, build and maintain cohesive motivated matrix teams across a large enterprise
· Strong business judgment, consulting and customer service skills
· 10+ years’ experience managing cross functional projects or programs
• Communication Skills- The ability to communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of employees and management, capable of successful formal and informal communication, speaks and writes clearly and understandably at the right level.
• Integrity and Trust - Involves being widely trusted, being seen as a direct, truthful individual, can present the unvarnished truth in an appropriate and helpful manner, keeps confidences, admits mistakes, and doesn’t misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.