Senior Business Systems Analyst
5 - 7 years experience • Financial Services
Building a World-Class, Diverse and Inclusive Technology Team at TD
We can’t afford to be boring. Neither can you. The scale and scope of what TD does may surprise you. The rapid pace of change makes it a business imperative for us to be smart and open-minded in the way we think about technology. TD’s technology and business teams become more intertwined as new opportunities present themselves. This new era in banking does not equal boring. Not at TD, anyway.
TD Business Systems Analysis covers a mandate that includes (but isn’t limited to) proposing technical systems to accomplish business requirements enterprise-wide. These experts build relationships with business partners and other groups of diverse subject matter experts and stakeholders (both internal and external) to:
- Plan + Elicit + Analyze + Document + Communicate +Manage system requirements;
- Assess client needs and recommend the right technology; and
- Offer operational and process-related analysis and support.
There’s room to grow in all of it.
The Enterprise Fraud Analytics Program (EFAP)
As fraudsters continue to become more sophisticated, EFAP must transform by leveraging the latest in advanced AI and cognitive analytic technologies to improve fraud detection while maintaining a positive experience for legitimate customers. This platform will deploy exciting new capabilities which will allow for multi-product and multi-channel fraud detection, advanced analytics and artificial intelligence (AI), a 360o view of the customer and the ability to support new enterprise capabilities and products such as Payment Hub and Digital ID.
EFAP is a transformational enterprise-wide fraud solution that addresses the limitations of current disparate fraud systems. EFAP will contribute to a lower efficiency ratio, lower fraud losses, and increase capacity in Fraud Operations through automation
EFAP uses exciting leading technologies to marry public data and insights with TD customer and transactional data to form a complete view of the customer in helping the bank to prevent fraud. The EFAP solution uses IBM’s Counter Fraud Platform and leverages Java, Java script, APIs, ETL (Datastage,) Cognos, ODM, MQ & IIB, IBM BigInsights, Hadoop, i2, SPSS, cloud, and other emerging technologies.
Due to the landscape of the Fraud business, EFAP must constantly balance the use of multiple project methodologies – Waterfall (SDLC), and Rapid/Agile to optimize delivery of ongoing business changes/needs.
About This Role
We are looking for someone to plan, manage, and lead the delivery of detailed system requirements and technical and functional specifications that align to standards and frameworks. You will provide technical leadership and work in close partnership with ambitious business and technology partners, project teams and stakeholders to plan, elicit, analyze, document, communicate and manage detailed functional specifications.
Meaningful work is fueled by meaningful performance and career development conversations with your manager. Here’s some of what you may be asked to perform:
- Work with technology partners (e.g. Solution Designers and Architects) to research and analyze current state system capabilities and define technology solutions options and recommendations.
- Working with internal application development team and other LOB’s
- Working with multiple LOB’s and to gather application development requirements and transfer into detailed project documents
- Define, document and translate business requirements into detailed functional specifications, taking into account non-functional requirements.
- Work collaboratively with business partners, to understand the business challenges and priorities more clearly, to be able to support refinement of scope and system level requirements.
- Work collaboratively with technology Project Managers, and Technical Leads to assist them in developing a comprehensive and acceptable Project Plan which merges Business priorities, with System dependencies.
- Assist testing teams in translating requirements and use cases into test conditions and expected results for product, performance, user acceptance, and operational acceptance testing.
- Contribute to project management activities such as: scoping and estimating project efforts, identifying risks and recommending mitigation measures, communicating activity status, as well as escalating and communicating possible issues.
- Participate in quality management reviews, including designs, prototypes and other requirements work products.
- Work closely with stakeholders to determine solutions, assess impact to existing work processes and systems, and pinpoint how to manage integration.
- Provide operational and process-related analysis and support.
- Respect existing processes and standards including requirements management and project management disciplines, technology delivery and business technologyarchitecture, escalating issues as needed.
- Gain knowledge in own area, stay abreast of technology trends and developments, develop expertise in TD services, applications, infrastructure, analytical tools and techniques, business domains and their products and services.
- Work with vendors to support business case development (consistent with technology requirements and guidelines) including benefits identification, RFI/RFP and service level agreements.
- Coach new or less experienced colleagues and serve as a reference point throughout requirements management life cycle.
Additionally, this role would involve working with our IBM vendor and Architects/Technical Leads in understanding theTechnology, Business SMEs (Business Analysts, Product Owner, Data Scientists, and Fraud Operations specialists) in better understanding the Modelling/Analytics side of Fraud, as well as the Operational side.
What can you bring to TD?Share your credentials, but your relevant experience and knowledge can be just as likely to get our attention. It helps if you have:
- UndergraduateDegree or Technical Certificate.
- 5-7 years relevant experience.
- Commitment to applying advanced to expert knowledge of business technology delivery practices and standards and related expertise, including design, development, testing and project management.
- Advanced to expert knowledge of system analysis process and techniques, as well as system components, functionality, interfaces, data flows and business rules.
- Ability to work independently as the senior or lead system analyst and coach or guide team.
- Experience and comfort level acting as a subject matter expert and consultant.
- Experience in Rapid/Agile (Confluence, JIRA) would be an asset.
- Proven experience in this role within a large project (working with multiple internal & external stakeholders) would be an asset.
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal would be required for this role.
- Breadth of experience in the financial and analytics space would be an asset.
Join in on what others in TD Technology Solutions are doing:
- Inspire a positive work environment and help champion quality, innovation, teamwork and service to the business.
- Learn voraciously, stretch your thinking, share your knowledge and educate others.
- Communicate and collaborate with both technical and non-technical professionals.
- Cultivate winning relationships by building trust with business and technology partners.
- Share our commitment to productivity, effectiveness and operational efficiency.
- Embrace change and witness amazing things happen – from the inside.