Information Builders helps organizations transform data into business value. Our software solutions for business intelligence and analytics, integration, and data integrity empower people to make smarter decisions, strengthen customer relationships, and drive growth. Our dedication to customer success is unmatched in the industry. That’s why thousands of leading organizations rely on Information Builders to be their trusted partner. Founded in 1975, Information Builders is headquartered in New York City, with offices around the world, and remains one of the largest independent, privately held companies in the industry. In addition to our industry-leading software solutions and outstanding customer service, our people are the heart and soul of our success. Passionate, dedicated, and driven, Information Builders employees are some of the most talented and creative professionals in the industry.
POSITION TITLE: Regional Sales Manager
REPORTS TO: Area Vice President
BASIC JOB FUNCTION: Responsible for and supervises the Chicago Region Sales staff through department training and development, sales management, sales and coordination with other departments. RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Manage the sales effort for the branch and exceed branch quota.
- Maintain discipline on account coverage and territory development.
- Work with Sales Reps and Corporate staff to implement effective lead generation programs and discipline.
- Protect the existing revenue base with an objective of zero cancellations.
- To develop and administer a branch sales plan that will insure customer satisfaction, assigned quota attainment, good reference accounts, and a highly skilled and motivated staff.
- Strategize with Sales Reps on how to position Company products.
- Develop appropriate and reasonable pricing proposals and help Sales Rep close deals.
- Able to forecast and communicate intricate details to Senior Management on a timely basis.
- Assist and travel with new Sales Reps on customer visits and assist and travel with Sales Reps for any tough customer calls.
- Able to identify and meet the appropriate customer decision-makers.
- Stay on top of business opportunities, evaluate staff performance and help staff meet their career goals.
- Interview and hire new Sales Reps
- Operation of the branch on a profitable basis to include cost control and budgets consistent with good business judgment.
- Ensure Sales reps keep their customer databases updated on a weekly basis.
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED:
- BA in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications, Computer Sciences or related field, or equivalent education or experience.
- Ability to identify alignment and business value of IBI solution to prospects business requirements and articulate a value proposition.
- Seven to ten years of professional sales experience in related industry, including a minimum of three years supervising and managing staff and programs. Plus 2+ years technical knowledge of software packages.
- Strong verbal, written, analytical, persuasion and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to organize and prioritize work and meet deadlines.
- Professional, Strong leadership skills, must be able to develop/implement marketing plans and be self-sufficient.