Division Director Contracting and Business Diversity
5 - 7 years experience • Business Services
This position can be located in Kaysville, UT or Las Vegas, NV
The Division Director of Contracting and Business Diversity is responsible for theprocurement of all medical-surgical supplies, services, and equipment that is not covered under a National Contract.
SUPERVISOR – Division Supply Chain Officer
SUPERVISES – N/A
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
• Lead and manage all division based contracting activities
• Identify contracting opportunitiesthrough data mining, working with the Division CEO/SCO and the
Corporate Director of Division Based Procurement, and coordinating with facilityleadership
• Develop and coordinate all RFIs (request for information) for each division initiative, analyze responses, and develop appropriate strategy
• Develop and coordinate all RFPs (request for purchase) for each division initiative, analyze responses, negotiate the contract, and coordinate the implementation with the facilities within the division
• Coordinate and communicateall mining efforts and pricing intelligence to the Division CEO/SCO and the Corporate Director of Division Based Procurement/diversity
• Manage the Division Based Procurement plan, identify and mitigate risks (leverage lessons learned, utilize proactive communication techniques), and monitor resource allocations to ensure successful execution of the plan and saving targets are achieved
• Identify opportunities to create business partnerships with minority companies, in order to generate savings, improve service, and strengthen relationships within the community
• Actively work with local organizations and other community business leaders to identify areas of opportunities for minority businesses to expand their base of business
• Ensure useful knowledge is captured and promote sharing of information
• Perform other duties as assigned
• Practice and adhere to the “Code of Conduct” philosophy and “Mission and Value Statement”
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, & ABILITIES:
• Organization – proactively prioritized needs and effectively manages resources
• Communication – communicates clearly and concisely
• Leadership – guides individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting highperformance standards and delivering leading quality services
• Customer orientation – establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
• Tacticalexecution – oversees the development, deployment and direction ofcomplex programs and processes
• Policies & Procedures – articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems
• PC skills – demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others asrequired
• Financial management – applies tools and processes to successfully manage to budget
• Project management – assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
• Associatesor Bachelors degree in Finance, Business Management, Healthcare Administration or similar is required.
• Minimum five to seven years management experience required with healthcare management experience preferred.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS –Requires prolonged sitting, some bending, stooping and stretching. Requires eye-hand coordination and manual dexterity sufficient to operate a keyboard, photocopier, telephone, calculator and other office equipment. Requires normal range of hearing and eyesight to record, prepare and communicate reports. Requires lifting papers or boxes up to 25 pounds occasionally. Work is performed in an office environment. Work may be stressful at times. Contactmay involve dealing with angry or upset people. Staff must remain flexible and available to provide staffing assistance for any/all disaster or emergency situations.