Delivers highly complex solutions with significant system linkages and dependencies and associated risk. Leads and performs development efforts such as analysis, design, coding/creating, and testing. Participates in testing, implementation, maintenance, and escalated support of SunTrust's most complex solutions. Development includes but is not limited to customized coding, software integration, analysis, configuring solutions, or using tools such as Pega, FileNet, WebSphere integration products to configure or generate a product. Ensures adherence to company and industry standards. Provides technical consultation on extremely challenging or unusual situations. Lead/conducts robust unit testing and provides testing support for subsequent release testing. Devises or modifies procedures to solve complex problems considering computer equipment capacity and limitations, operating time, and form of desired results. Interprets internal/external business challenges and recommends best practices. Uses sophisticated analytical thought to exercise judgment and identify innovative solutions. Mentors less experienced teammates to build technical expertise. May have people management responsibilities.
Provide expertise on architecture, design, implementation of software products. Work directly with product management and other team members while analyzing and decomposing complex software requirement into simple stories for planning and execution. Collaborate with the team to manage and estimate the size and complexity of the features. Perform the technical design, implementation, and testing of features and commit to stories.
Minimum Requirements: Bachelor’s degree and 8years of experience as a developer or an equivalent combination of education and work experience. Deep specialized and/or broad functional knowledge. Sound understanding of business and organizational strategies and processes. Ability to interpret internal and external business challenges and recommend best practices. Ability to lead complex projects. Sophisticated analytical skills and the ability to solve complex technical and business problems. Ability to influence others at senior levels to adopt a new perspective.
- Master’s degree or MBA and 10 years of experience or an equivalent combination of education and work experience.
- Banking or financial services experience.
- Strong Object Oriented skills - OOA/OOD/OOP
- Strong experience in Java/J2EE, Python, UNIX Shell Scripting, JUnit and testing frameworks (like Mockito, Jmock, etc)
- Strong experience in Spring/Springboot framework, Spring Security and Hibernate (or other JPA technologies)
- Strong experience with API Strategy, including API Management and Governance
- Strong experience with relational databases like Oracle, MySQL, etc
- Knowledge of build tool such as Maven (preferred), Continuous Integration (CI) tool such as Jenkins (preferred) and Agile Software Development Tools like JIRA (preferred)
- Solid understanding of Web-based authentication/authorization technologies (e.g. OAuth, JWT, SAML, and OpenID)
- Effective written and verbal communication skills and good listening skills
- Excellent problem solving skills - Ability to analyze problem in multiple perspectives
- Must have a -can-do- attitude and a strong passion for technology and willingness to learn new skills
Must be confident, self-starters, have a strong work ethic, and team-oriented