Senior Risk Manager - Enterprise Risk Management
8 - 10 years experience • Financial Services
Guided by ourshared values, we thrive in an environment where collaboration and openness are valued. We believe that innovation is powered by perspective and that teamwork and respect for eachother lead to superior results. We elevate eachother and obsess about doing the right thing. Ourassociates serve with humility and a deep respect for their responsibility in helping our customers achieve their goals and realize their dreams. Together, we are on a quest to changebanking for good.SeniorRisk Manager - EnterpriseRiskManagement
Title: Senior Risk Manager, ERM
Level: Senior Manager
Do you like working within a dynamically changing environment that continuously presents new challenges and provides opportunities for learning and growth? Do you believe that effective risk management is a competitive advantage for large financial institutions? Are you good at cutting complexity and finding innovative solutions for risk management? If so, Capital One’s Risk Management is the right organization for you.
With a focus on driving high-level strategic alignment in methodology across multiple risk disciplines balanced by providing point-in-time tactical solutions to the business role, this role will engage across all lines of business as well as several risk disciplines. As a Senior Manager on this team you will continuously interface with counterparts in Operational Risk, Compliance, Credit Risk and Information Technology to provide direction to the business on how to manage their risks and controls, and improve data quality and maturity. Your role will require excellent communication and interpersonal skills, superb integrative thinking across the facets of operational risk, and a desire to help the enterprise properly manage their risk and control data within the enterprise governanance risk and compliance (GRC) system.
As a Senior Risk Manager within the Enterprise Risk Management group at Capital One you will be responsible for developing and implementing risk and controls methodology across the enterprise, and a common risk and controls taxonomy
As part of this role you will be responsible for developing and maintaining control documents for an enterprise methodology for risks and controls, including assessment and monitoring. You will be responsible for conducting research on industry best practices, and applying practical common sense to engage and consult with business areas to help document and maintain risks and controls.
Risk Managers at Capital One are highly motivated risk professionals with excellent organizational and communication skills. They have a high level of exposure across lines of business and have the opportunity to work with executives to create and implement innovative solutions to identify and mitigate potential risks to the Company.
- Drive alignment between on risk and controls methodology across multiple risk disciplines
- Develop formalized standards, procedures, and related job aids/training for risk and controls
- Develop and enhance the enterprise risktaxonomy, along with the methodology and use cases, and provide training to users
- Develop and deliver methodology training and serve as a point of contact for the First Line to consult
- Stand up an oversight and challenge function for risk and controls in partnership with other 2nd Line partners, e.g. Compliance, SOX, ORM etc.
- Interface with the enterprise GRC technology team to identify business requirements and drive functional enhancements to align with methodology changes
- Bachelor’s Degree or military experience
- At least 7 years of Risk Management experience in ERM, or at least 7 years of risk management experience in ORM, or at least 7 years of experience in Compliance, or at least 7 years of experience in SOX, or at least 7 years of experience in IT, or at least 7 years of experience in Audit
- Proficient knowledge of risk and controls
- 1 year of experience with AgileScrum or Kanban
- Strong communication and networking skills
- Ability to work independently as well collaboratively within a large, complex team environment
- Prior Big 4 or equivalent consulting experiencepreferred for this role
- Certifications in Risk Management, Compliance, or Audit (e.g. CPA, CIA, CRISC etc.)
- Experience with providing governance and oversight of risk and controls
- Experience with development of taxonomy/lexicons
- Experience with GRC systems (IBM OpenPages preferred)