The primary role of a Systems Engineering Manager is to provide leadership and guidance to the Systems Engineering team. The System Engineering Team is a critical component to the sales team and is designed to display an in-depth knowledge about the Juniper suite of products and other industry products and solutions.
The Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for enabling the Systems Engineering team with effective technical selling leadership and to ensure that our account teams are effectively driving opportunities to technical closure.
The Systems Engineering Manager is responsible for the progress of all engineering projects involving the customers in the Great Lakes region and needs to have strong project management skills and report a weekly status to the Systems Engineering Director.
Skills and Experience:
- Minimum of 10 years general networking industry experience, including a practicing knowledge one or more of the following: Routing, Switching, Security, MPLS and MPLS VPNs, Edge CoS, and general exposure to IETF drafts and standards.
- Thorough understanding of the pre-sales engineering process and sales processes.
- Experience in managing technical projects and leading teams of highly technical individuals
- Demonstrated strong written, oral and presentation skills with the ability to discuss highly technical concepts to a variety of audiences, including executive level technical decision-makers.
- Experience in developing cost effective solutions around customer needs
- Travel: In Territory - 50% - 70%, Out of Territory - 10% - 20%