Interested in an outstanding opportunity to become part of a team with a stellar reputation as a community engaged Employer of Choice? Consigli Construction Co., Inc. (Consigli) is a fourth generation, family owned company, and we are hiring!
Ranked as one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Globe and Boston Business Journal consecutive years running, our culture draws raw talent from college intern to seasoned veteran with substantial years of experience in their field. We credit empowerment, innovation and “thinking great” for our continual growth and success. Most importantly we are thankful for our employees and proud to have one of the most exciting project portfolios in the business.
Reports to: Vice President, Field Operations
Provide overall administrative and technical support management at designated construction project sites. This requires a thorough knowledge of the company’s policies and procedures as well as the project goals, project plans, specifications, and Contract requirements.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
• Oversee supervisors total construction effort to ensure project is executed in accordance with design, budget and schedule;
Includes interfacing with super or foreman, trades, project manager, client representatives, A/E representatives and other contractors;
Primary communication is with VP of Operations, Project Executives and Superintendent;
• Ensure strong, consistent communication between field and office staff within the department;
• Establish a rapport with field superintendents, foremen and management teams;
Support field superintendents and foremen in their positions by exhibiting strong leadership in recruiting, training, mentoring, motivating;
Primary measure is through increased field productivity and efficiency and increased harmony in the field;
• Oversee the planning, coordination and supervision of on-site functions;
Engineering, scheduling and coordination of material deliveries, subcontractors, equipment and manpower requirements);
• Ensure designated jobs are consistently aware of budget and cost;
Progress measured through performance of superintendent at monthly cost meetings;
• Ensure superintendent or foreman is planning for self-performed work and anticipating equipment and manpower needs;
Requests to go through the administration. For scheduling (Operations Assistant);
• Assist in subcontractor related problems and communicate issues and concerns with project management department through project executive;
• Assist in scheduling of any field engineering needs;
• Oversee the operational efficiency of Consigli’s self-performed work.
Efficiencies and areas for improvement measured through labor production report;
• Ensure updated job schedule and sub-schedules posted as required. Increase schedule awareness.
Measured by reviewing the target data vs. actual data of substantial completion as well as through executive field visits;
• Oversee planning, direction of company quality functions and activities as established by Consigli Construction Co., Inc. and owner;
• Provide a quality control audit on all jobs once per month to increase consistency and accountability of paper flow;
Coordinate with accounting department to ensure no flow problems;
Audits to be turned in once monthly to be reviewed by VP of Field Operations;
• Ensure that the superintendent or foreman is scheduling and conducting weekly subcontractor meetings;
• Administrative project safety program to maintain a safe and healthy work environment;
in compliance with corporate safety plan, regulations by owner, state, and OSHA;
Maintain job site safety, conduct safety meetings on a regular basis, maintain logs, and supervise safety with subcontractors;
In the absence of another specifically designated person, the Field Superintendent is the “competent person” as defined by OSHA;
Provide safety audit on all jobs once per month. Measured through success of safety plan and incidence rate;
• Provide technical assistance, interpret drawings, and develop methods consistent with contract documents, budget and schedule;
Participate in purchasing and scheduling commitments with superintendent or project manager as necessary;
Assist project in developing and implementing project procedures, and standards;
Be a catalyst for project executives and management for strong, efficient, timely decision-making to ensure project flow;
• Ensure that superintendent is maintaining a complete set of up-to-date drawings and shop drawing files. Record and maintain “as built drawings”;
• Assist in improved close out procedures by ensuring RCL is utilized and other close out procedures are followed;
Measured through chart of days from substantial completion to close out;
• Improve rental/return/small tools cost. Measured through cost/volume at year end;
• Review and initiate procedures and control for jobsite security and housekeeping and monitor on a regular basis;
Experience with Timberline, Primavera, Procore and Microsoft Office.
This position is not responsible for oversight or performance management of any employees.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Standard work hours are Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 5 pm. This position regularly requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, with occasional out of state and overnight travel. Less than 20 % of time travel expected.
Required Education and Experience
• A bachelor’s degree in a relevant field with a minimum of 10-15 years’ experience;
• Familiar with construction management software;
• Safety standards knowledge and enforced;
• Self-starter with the ability to set goals and tasks with strong leadership goals;