Reporting to the Director, DMR, the Field Account Representative makes an impact by building, managing and maintaining relationships with existing customers. They are responsible for working directly with the Account Manager to identify and address sales opportunities and resolve account related transactional issues with customers such as Dell, SHI and Insight, along with large regional VARS and selected Distributor events. The Field Account Representative will identify and proactively engage in business and sales opportunities to achieve identified sales related objectives and targets. This position offers a competitive salary, bonus potential, and benefit package.
What You Will Gain
- The opportunity to build relationships with customer sales teams, working with the Account Manager to ensure the alignment of corporate strategies and initiatives. Partake in floor walks, trainings and sales meetings and assist in closing business through consistent follow-up on open quotes, presenting products and services and overcoming objectives.
- The ability to develop and maintain an understanding of the Product Stories of StarTech.com through formal training and self-directed research. Articulate the value proposition succinctly to partners and ensure ongoing engagement with Market Research, Product Management and external sources to maintain a competent level of industry knowledge and insight.
- The responsibility of providing the Account Manager with operational and technical support on an ad hoc basis including the development of salesreports and analysis.
What You Can Show Us
- A history of acting as a self-motivated, independent and results-oriented sales professional with a history of meeting and exceeding sales targets while enhancing the customer experience.
- 3-5 years’ Account Rep or Product Specialist experience, ideally within IT channelsales in a B2B or B2C environment, plus applicable Degree/Diploma.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and proficiency with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Access to a vehicle and a valid driver’s license and the ability to travel.