TA Instruments is seeking a Software Development Engineer to join a team responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining infrastructure and application-level code. In this role, you will work closely with various stakeholders (marketing, service and manufacturing) to enhance our instrument capabilities by providing innovative, scalable, and stable systems. As a developer on this agile team, you will engage in the complete SDLC, with a focus on problem definition and decomposition, robust solutions definition, and systems and software architecture.
- Responsible for designing, developing, and maintaining infrastructure and application-level code.
- Research, design, develop, release, and maintain all Application, User Interface, Data Analysis, Instrument Control Software for thermal analysis, rheological and calorimetric instruments.
- Analyze system specifications and translate system requirements to task specifications.
- Responsible for analysis of current programs including performance, diagnosis and troubleshooting of problem programs and designing solutions to problematic programming.
- Respond promptly and professionally to bug reports.
- Develop new programs and proof the program to develop needed changes to assure production of a quality product.
- Strong and effective interpersonal and communication skills and the ability to interact professionally with a diverse group of stakeholders.
- Ability to maintain flexibility while working on team tasks and take responsibility for contributing to the success of the team.
- Assist software testers and support personnel as needed to determine system problems.
- Minimum Education requirments fulfilled through the completion of a 4 yearBachelor's Degree in Computer Science, ElectricalEngineering, or another closely related technical field.
- 2 years+ of software development experience
- Must be comfortable working in a team environment as well as independently, and possess a sense of accountability and urgency in completing assignments.
- Good knowledge of Object Oriented Programming, Software design, Microsoft development tools like Visual Studio.
- C#.NET Programming experiance (Required)
- WinForms and/or WPF UI developement experiance (Required)
- Python, Matlab, R (Desirable)
- Database Experiance (Desirable)
- Window networking (TCP/IP) (Desirable)
- iOS, Andriod Mobile App Development (Desirable)