We are looking for a talented and enthusiastic Project Management Senior Specialist to join our growing team in Nashville, TN! This position will be a member of an established team that provides application development, reporting, and production support to several core business applications. PrimaryResponsibilitiesinclude but are not limited to:
- Responsible for managing, directing and planning complex projects consisting of one or more project teams.
- Responsible for coordinating, scheduling and assigning project tasks, team building and maintaining working relationships with client functional areas outside of IT.
- Applies project development methodologies and reporting techniques to indicate project status. May manage and direct one or more project teams to meet complex project objectives.
- Reviews, evaluates and formulates project plans, schedules and budgets. Allocates staff and budget resources to meet changing corporate needs. Identifies and negotiates schedules, milestones and resources required to meet project objectives.
- Organizes and guides project operations through the use of methodologies accepted by the industry. Evaluates progress and reports progress in terms of quality and performance metrics common to IT projects.
- Modifies schedules as required. Works with client departments to coordinate systems testing, installation, training and support. Keeps informed of technical and managerial advances in IT. General supervision, but able to function independently. May direct one or more teams of specialists, analysts and programmers.
- Closely collaborates with team members to successfully execute development initiatives using Agile practices and principles
- Participates in large-scale development projects involving multiple areas outside of core team
- Demonstrates value based decision making and Agile principles across teams
- Shares knowledge and experience to contribute to growth of overall team capabilities
- Participates in the deployment, change, configuration, management, administration and maintenance of deployment process and systems
- Focuses on customer satisfaction
- Works in an environment with rapidly changing business requirements and priorities
What’s in it for you?
- Great team environment! We have fun and get our work done too!
- Potential to work from home up to two days per week.
- Experience supporting IT systems from a PM perspective for a major US Healthcare Payer
- Professional and personal development opportunities
- A working environment that embraces diversity
- Relocation assistance if not local to Nashville
What do you need for this position?
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Communicate across the team, particularly with regards to cross team dependencies
- Proactively communicates status to stakeholders effectively, with an emphasis on maintaining alignment with core project sponsors.
- Use a communication style appropriate for the audience
- Ability to identify and manage risk. Escalate risk appropriately (Team/Manager/VP only if needed)
- Actively drives the project to successful completion, including finding solutions to road blocks; facilitating communication and meetings; asking questions and breaking down complex tasks into smaller tasks to get them accomplished.
- Manage project related budgets, including initial estimation, tracking of actuals, and understanding the deviations. Work within adopted systems to track these budgets and resources
- Experience managing projects with complex reporting and application requirements is required.
- Experience managing various types of applications including web applications and 3rd party applications.
- Experience managing both small and large Projects (multitasking and managing multiple projects at once is a must)
- Experience with Health System or financial systems are preferred.
- Maintains a close relationship with team management to ensure team commitments are being met.
- Strong knowledge of project management processes.
- Strong analytical, communication, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills
- Strong focus on delivering customer value required
- Able to foster working relationships with the team and internal customers
- Demonstration of and belief in the Agile mindset
- Willingness to learn our business domain required
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalency in the IT Industry as a technical Project Manager.
What skills would be nice to have?
- Daptiv Experience
- Microsoft Office
- Large company/enterprise project level experience
- Certified ScrumMaster
- General understanding of Healthcare industry
- General knowledge of Medicare and Medicaid industries